The invincible platy fry!

barbiya

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, my platy had fry 2 1/2 weeks ago. I saw about 5-6 after the fact, but my tank has been going through some serious ich troubles. The fry had originally buried themselves in the gravel, where I could watch them next to the glass.
1 died, that I could see, and little by little I began to think they were goners. Now, my adults have ich, which I've been treating for several days now. My theory was to save the adults, as I didn't know if the fry would get eaten or not.
Moments ago, I dumped in the daily dose of ich cure, and who do I see but a baby platy venturing out!! The medicine says "Do not use on fry"!!!!

For crying out loud!!! But, I suppose, if he's survived this long, he will probably make it. I'm very proud of the little guy! Keep your fingers crossed for me (and him).

GOOD LUCK to you and the little fry guy ;) also thanks for the bit of info. what medication are you using? i've got a fry that's about a week old in my tank too and using maracide right now. i didn't know i was endangering him :/

I'm using Wardley "Ick Away" with malachite green. I hope this will do the trick. I want to start another tank as well, especially if I want to continue letting them breed, but am just reluctant to spend the money right now.

But here's the big news: Not one, but two platy babies are swimming around in there! They're venturing out a bit, and it was really cute to see one wrestle with a flake of food! They're still keeping to the grass, most of the time. I'm pretty excited about them!

the ich treatment i got in the uk is fry safe, thanks god because i got ich in my fry tank!!!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back