The Hum....

Cdarmychi

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NJ, USA
For those of you who find fishtanks on every flat surface of your house....

THE HUM. :lol:

Its that ever present noise that permates your house, the hum of filters, pumps, and bubbles. Im sitting here trying to figure out why Im so twitchy, and I think I figured it out. I miss the hum. Its how I know all is right in my fishy world. No hum= big problems.
And of course that thought begs the question....Do you find the noise your tanks give off just as calming as the fish themselves?

Sorry, just a product of enforced captivity LOL.....I MISS MY FISH!!!!

Sakura
 
For those of you who find fishtanks on every flat surface of your house....

THE HUM. :lol:

Its that ever present noise that permates your house, the hum of filters, pumps, and bubbles. Im sitting here trying to figure out why Im so twitchy, and I think I figured it out. I miss the hum. Its how I know all is right in my fishy world. No hum= big problems.
And of course that thought begs the question....Do you find the noise your tanks give off just as calming as the fish themselves?

Sorry, just a product of enforced captivity LOL.....I MISS MY FISH!!!!

Sakura
I CANNOT stand it..

I hate it to the back teeth.

I have a 27L in my room with an Elite Stingray 5..I dont think it could make much more noise.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Glad to hear your well! Scott did a great job by the sounds of it.

D.
 
My fishroom is mostly air powered filtration, a constant bubbling sound. I've fallen fast asleep on the family room couch many times, fishroom door open, to the sound of bubbling tanks.

Are you still in the hospital? I know they have O2 lines, perhaps you could run one in a container of water to make you feel more at home?
 
oooo....thats a good idea Tolak ;D hmmm....now to sweet talk the nurse lol.....

lol Declan, then youd hate my house lol....in some rooms you can hear The Hum through closed doors lol... Ive got lets me think...6 tanks in my bedroom lol.... most of them betta tanks with the sponge filters lol....

And Scott was fantastic ^_^ Maybe fantastic to give him the yes he's been hoping for *wink* But he already knows that lol...

And be ready for the OMG post that will pop up when I see the state of my tanks lol....heres hoping everyones ok....the tropicals and goldfish were easy for him.....I dont think anyone but the guy scott called has touched the marine..... :sick:

Here's hoping I can find a o2 line lol.....
 
Our tank is in the bedroom and there's a constant sound of water because my filter outlet is just above the surface (my danios like to play in it) and there's the hum of the filter and air pump but we don't really notice it (well not consciously anyway).
But then after living with our "home office" for the past 5 years it's not surprising (several routers, switches, servers, pcs and other bits running 24/7). Although when we had a brief power cut earlier in the year it was strange to hear the silence, we were whispering lol
It's one of those things that doesn't really register until it's not there.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top