The growth on this monster

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
This fish has had a prescription of some of steroid within a week itā€™s easily grown an inch and probably a half ounce in weight .. maybe lol either way itā€™s thriving , I have 4 of these geophagus all was a similar size but this chap ha found his winter weight , Iā€™m not complaining, but why ? I hear geophagus are real slow growers but this fish has gone from 4 inches to 6 in a few weeks , being off work for two weeks being Christmas I have shamefully being doing water changes out of Boredom and probably have changes my tabk volume 4+ times in the last two weeks obviously been feeding more because Iā€™m home more and giving them lots of treats like lobster , is this the reason ? Or is the fish just bigger because he has claimed dominant over the others , just curious as what would cause a growth like this , ohh I had fish scratching also couldnā€™t see white dot but boosted the temp anyways to around 29-30 .. scratching stopped but would temp come into play ?

Attachments

• C723E8D5-7DCF-4B30-A16B-3164720D3561.jpeg
    C723E8D5-7DCF-4B30-A16B-3164720D3561.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 64
The water changes will have really helped :) The temperature could have helped as warmer water makes fish respire quicker which can mean they eat more. Geos can also grow based on dominance - is he showing interest in one of the others? I had a group of Tapajos Red Heads and I had 2 males 3 females and one male grew much faster than the rest.

Wills

The water changes will have really helped :) The temperature could have helped as warmer water makes fish respire quicker which can mean they eat more. Geos can also grow based on dominance - is he showing interest in one of the others? I had a group of Tapajos Red Heads and I had 2 males 3 females and one male grew much faster than the rest.

Wills
Iā€™m thinking I only have one female out the bunch I donā€™t know for definite Iā€™m not sure the big one is male Iā€™m just guessing , there is one the smallest out them all he chases that one a lot never in any malice but for no reason lol he chases the others and they run most the time apart from one that will challenge that one tail has started to fork and they live at opposite ends of the tank most the time , is tht normal behaviour, they were a group they swam and ate even hid in the same cave but now there not so much of a group or is this just the tug of war domination battle that will end up with them being back in a group lol , itā€™s just his growth really shocking even my partner who has little interest in my tank was shocked lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back