The Eclipse

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Better is Betta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just thought you might like to have a look at the eclipse that happened in my area yesterday. Its the first time I have ever witnessed a total eclipse where the sun is blocked out and you are in darkness for a few minutes.

img_3011.jpg
img_3012.jpg

Lovely pics! It's an amazing thing; I can totally understand why people travel all over the world to see them.

We were lucky enough to have a total eclipse here, in 1999; it was one of the biggest, most thrilling things I've ever seen, especially as my sister and I had read about it an encyclopedia sometime in the late 70s, so we'd waited a long time!. Ours was more cloudy than yours, and I didn't own a camera at the time, so I don't have pics, but I'll never forget it.

Lovely pics! It's an amazing thing; I can totally understand why people travel all over the world to see them.

We were lucky enough to have a total eclipse here, in 1999; it was one of the biggest, most thrilling things I've ever seen, especially as my sister and I had read about it an encyclopedia sometime in the late 70s, so we'd waited a long time!. Ours was more cloudy than yours, and I didn't own a camera at the time, so I don't have pics, but I'll never forget it.

Yes I agree amazing and unforgettable. I was told that the last total eclipse that happened in my area was back in the 17th century....long time between shows.

That looks amazing, what fantastic photos :).

I saw a vid of that from a plane, was amazing, awesome pics btw. :D

Thanks for putting up those fantastic pictures Better is Betta, they are great
good.gif
. I was to busy working (and too far south so only had a partial eclispe) but I did get to see pretty half moon sun patterns on the paths I was blowing off of sand. They looked like waving fish scales, very pretty.

Thanks everyone for your comments...You know what the great thing was about it? It happened just outside my doorstep.....front row seats to a spectacular show.
applaud.gif.gif

Yes Rub it in
wink.png
laugh.png
, but seriously you where lucky I heard many people had to much cloud cover to see it properly. I remember years ago in Armidale there being a total solar eclispe and it was so eerie how the day dimmed and all the birds went silent.

Yes Rub it in
wink.png
laugh.png
, but seriously you where lucky I heard many people had to much cloud cover to see it properly. I remember years ago in Armidale there being a total solar eclispe and it was so eerie how the day dimmed and all the birds went silent.

Yes in some parts around Cairns the cloud covered the sun......big let down for some. No doubt if it happened 3-400 years ago you would be thinking that the world was coming to an end. I didn't think it was eerie probably because I was too busy clicking away and all the neighbours were out cheering.... but it did get slightly cool.

Thank goodness you did take the pictures, they are really good.
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back