Thanks To All Forum Members For Help And Advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Causewaycoast

Reaction score
New to this forum and its format but just wanted to record my thanks to all forum users for the wealth of knowledge available here.
Recently bought a second hand Juwel 180. Hated the internal filter as that end of the tank greeted me on entry to the room.
Couldn't have completed the removal and installation of an external filter without encouragement from your forum.
Now have my tank setup, with APS 1000 and the extra space and appearance is fantastic.
Thanks again.
M.

Thanks mate, ( even though I've never heard of You til now )
Congrats on your tank btw

Hi
Thanks for comment. New to this hobby. So far so good.
Mollies and tetra neons.
Not sure what else to stock.
Bit warmer where you are, tank heater rarely off these days
In N. Ireland.
M.

Keep your tank as clean as possible for the neon tetras. They're kind of delicate in newer tanks.

I'd love to fill my 55g with neon tetras, but I don't trust what's out there now. I hope yours do well.

Thanks.
Just letting things settle down after all the tank work.
The mollies and tetras have been very tolerant of all my fiddling about.
Transferred media sponges into the new external filter so I hope it seeds ok.
Must confess the first few mornings I set the tank up I was scared to look!
Hope all ok tomorrow morning.
What do you have?
M.

TOS's stocking:
55g: Tetras: 4 serpae; 1 von Rio; 9 blood fin; 10 longfin black skirt; 1 silver tip; 1 flying fox; Corydoras: 3 delphax; 1 ambiacus; 2 albino; 15 bronze | 29g: 13 tiger barbs; 5 red eye tetra; 1 flying fox | 20g: Corydoras: 2 hi fin pepper; 3 peppered; 2 barbatus; 2 oto; 1 flying fox; 100+ red cherry shrimp | Assassin snails in all tanks

welcomeani.gif
glad you are finding the TFF useful, and it is nice of you to thank people, even though I too have not come across you before.  Did you previously register under another name to get your info?

The Juwel Vision is a good look tank, what colour is yours?  Got any pics of it?  I am just starting out on a project with mine, you will find a link to this in my signature.  Hoping to take another step forward with it this weekend.  Just need some very large filter media bags for the pea-gravel that is being used to build up the back!

Now have my tank setup, with APS 1000 and the extra space and appearance is fantastic.

I have an APS 1400 with UV on my 215L, and have found it very quiet and efficient.

If you like Neons take a look at the Cardinal Tetra, a better option IMHO due to the issue with Neons, good luck with yours ;)  I went for Rasboras Espei's as an alternative to both, and love them, great little fish.

Any ideas what else you like fish wise?

Not registered until yesterday. I was able to view previous questions as a visitor. Glad to see that most of my questions had been asked before. Made me feel that I wasn't the only nervous newcomer.
Thankfully no casualties from yesterday's filter removal and replacement.
Tank is bow fronted in beech 180l.
Cardinal tetras look good. What are the issues with neons, so far so good. They do fight which I didn't expect a shoaling fish to do.
Must read up on picture imports. Think my files are too big, using ipad camera.
M.

Causewaycoast said:
Not registered until yesterday. I was able to view previous questions as a visitor. Glad to see that most of my questions had been asked before. Made me feel that I wasn't the only nervous newcomer.
Thankfully no casualties from yesterday's filter removal and replacement.

Good on you for "trawling" first :) 
There are many newcomers and it is great to be able to help them, plus they teach us all too as sometimes they know the latest info.;)  I still have loads to learn, there is only one expert in fish-keeping, and that is the fish!

Glad the new filter is doing well.  Do you have a water test kit so you can monitor the conditions?

Tank is bow fronted in beech 180l.

Mine is the dark wood, great looking tanks both of them.

Cardinal tetras look good. What are the issues with neons, so far so good ...

Neon Tetra Disease, hoping yours do OK.

Must read up on picture imports. Think my files are too big, using ipad camera.

Use Paint on your PC to re-size them, I use the % setting.  Set up a Photo-bucket account for more pictures than the forum can manage ;)

Welcome to the forum. I am also a newcomer and find this forum very active and VERY helpful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back