Thanks for all the help - happy fish pics

AilyNC

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2,766
Points
113
Location
Ireland
I've been doing 75% daily water changes since last Thursday & things have really calmed down in my fish in Cycle crash tank.

All the new plants are in & the fish are enjoying them :) thanks for all the help :)
 

Attachments

  • MVIMG_20200812_183016.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_183016.webp
    390.5 KB · Views: 254
  • MVIMG_20200812_181130.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_181130.webp
    121.7 KB · Views: 275
  • MVIMG_20200812_164302.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_164302.webp
    224.5 KB · Views: 257
  • MVIMG_20200812_151711.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_151711.webp
    340.7 KB · Views: 251
  • MVIMG_20200812_150625.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_150625.webp
    165.5 KB · Views: 238
  • MVIMG_20200812_130635.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_130635.webp
    179.2 KB · Views: 204
  • MVIMG_20200812_155445.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_155445.webp
    255.3 KB · Views: 258
  • MVIMG_20200812_181128.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_181128.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 246
  • MVIMG_20200812_183841.webp
    MVIMG_20200812_183841.webp
    294.2 KB · Views: 259
  • MVIMG_20200810_172217.webp
    MVIMG_20200810_172217.webp
    103.9 KB · Views: 228
  • MVIMG_20200809_223000.webp
    MVIMG_20200809_223000.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
You did an awesome job turning things around! Great photos, the fish and the tank are looking so good! Nice shot of the platy in the tunnel, so cute!
 
My current goal is get to Friday - that's one week no deaths. I've 9 fry that are happy out in the incubation box for now. The plants are amazing. I just love my lil tank so much :wub:
 
Oh by the way I think frack is just fine, I have both the old Battlestar Galactica and the new series on DVD.
 
Oh by the way I think frack is just fine, I have both the old Battlestar Galactica and the new series on DVD.
Don't think the Irish word that sounds nearly the same is actually a swear word. Must confess some of my favourite phrases were learnt from Dublin cabbies :rofl:
 
Thanks. I am so obsessed with watching them so was able to get some nice pics

You're most welcome, and you're not alone. I have an obsession with bottom dwellers, but unfortunately I have a baby 65l and don't have much choice, but I love plecos and hillstream loaches. I could watch them for hours. I went to the local LFS to get some test kits and I stood there by the pleco tank for about 15 minutes before the owner started asking if I was okay. I must have looked crazy just stood there with my shopping bag staring at a tank lol
 
You're most welcome, and you're not alone. I have an obsession with bottom dwellers, but unfortunately I have a baby 65l and don't have much choice, but I love plecos and hillstream loaches. I could watch them for hours. I went to the local LFS to get some test kits and I stood there by the pleco tank for about 15 minutes before the owner started asking if I was okay. I must have looked crazy just stood there with my shopping bag staring at a tank lol

My tank is 58L but once I found out (here) the tank is too small we've decided to get a bigger tank for them. I'll probably turn this tank into a Betta tank either with a divider and two Bettas, or one Betta and lots of lovely plants.

I just want to get this tank cycled and hopefully not lose any more fish. So frackin annoyed with LFS and the dreadful advice I got. He's still adamant these Bristlenose Plecos can stay in this tank. He sold me angelfish and a Betta in same tank but they died. Ammonia went crazy we tank wasn't cycle. But this forum had been great to help me with it.
 
I kinda wish I was in Ireland just to go speak to this nutter, see what he says if I claim I want some outlandish fish together in a five gallon tank or something. Then say I want live plants in there, just to hear him claim that might kill my fish... what a loon!

Pretty sure you're already seeing that live plants do the opposite of harming your fish :D
 
My tank is 58L but once I found out (here) the tank is too small we've decided to get a bigger tank for them. I'll probably turn this tank into a Betta tank either with a divider and two Bettas, or one Betta and lots of lovely plants.

I just want to get this tank cycled and hopefully not lose any more fish. So frackin annoyed with LFS and the dreadful advice I got. He's still adamant these Bristlenose Plecos can stay in this tank. He sold me angelfish and a Betta in same tank but they died. Ammonia went crazy we tank wasn't cycle. But this forum had been great to help me with it.

Wow that is dreadful to hear. LFS should know better, but saying that the largest LFS round here is also terrible, I go to a smaller one where a man and his wife runs it, they're friendly have great advice, and if they don't know they'll say they don't or look it up for you.

I'm glad you're getting everything sorted, with the help you'll get here I have no doubt things will look up and you'll get all the help needed if something goes wrong! You'll have to keep us updated too! Can't wait to see more results and pictures!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top