Tetratec Ex1200...its Leaking Bad!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sandfire

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please help.

I bought a Tetratec EX1200 external filter from ebay in July 08 and have been using on a marine tank since then, but I woke up to discover 10 gallons of water missing from the tank, only to find it soaked into my now stinking carpet :sick:

My Tetratec EX1200 has two leaks in it one in the hose connecting to the motorhead and it pouring out the clamp which keeps the motorhead attached to the filter, I have tried cleaning it, running it without media and it will not stop leaking. I have not dropped it, knocked it or even moved it in months so can't understand why it decided to leak.

I have only been running it since July last year, I bought it brand new of ebay from a ebay company (aquacadabra) and have found the paypal receipt in my history. I can't find Aquacadabra listed anymore and the filter manual says Tetra give a three year guarantee.

Does anyone know if I can contact Tetra direct about a repair or replacement and if the paypal receipt in my history would be excepted by them?

I will be gutted if I can't get it fixed after only 7 months of using it!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Aquacadabra emailed back straight away!

I have there address and then completed the Tetra form and it still will not submit, anyone speak german... this is what is says!

Leider ist bei der Verarbeitung Ihrer Anfrage ein Fehler aufgetreten.

Ahhhhhhhh!

Unfortunately with the processing of your inquiry an error arose.

Try again.

Did you go thru all the processes that it gives on the tetra website about how to fix the problems?

Unfortunately with the processing of your inquiry an error arose.

Try again.

Thank you, thought it would say something like that.

Yes I tried the Warrenty approach and the remote diagnosis.

I have tried 6 times now, changing what I enter each time and its not playing, think I am going to have to find a contact telephone number. The Southampton Tetra branch is a few miles from my work, might have to pay them a visit.

Drama, drama drama with me! :/

Good luck, you should be able to find a tetra stockist near to you from that website that might be able to give you a phone number or advise you were you go from here.

Any chance of photos of the hose lock? I assume you vaselined it as per the instructions? :rolleyes:

Tetra's website has an e-mail and telephone number on it somewhere (I've used it before for details of where to get spares. (I always have a spare set of seals and an impeller, impeller shaft and bearings in stock in case of a misshap/issue). Their e-mail is fairly slow, so I'd phone for more urgent stuff like this :good:

I suspect that a seal has gone in the hose connector/taps :nod: They do need to be kept realy well loobed up to stay good, hence the instructions state they do need Vaselineing (all be it in the troubleshooting section :rolleyes: )

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back