Tetra Pond Safe. 2 Bottles

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
Got them both from eBay, about 2 months apart. One smells OK, the other stinks, like slightly off tuna :sick: I'm using it and it seems OK, anyone else had this smell?
 
yep. Looks like one of those bottles has been opened.

I have been buying tetra pond declor instead of aquariums stuff as it lasts longer and is cheaper in the long run - but have found myself throwing it away. Around 2 months after opening it it develops a stink. I recon its the contents breaking down once air has been allowed in (i.e. bottle opened and stored for length of time).

I throw it out when it gets like that. Simply didnt wanna risk using it.

I have since moved onto solid form doses of dechlor. Think the one Im usinf is called "safe" or something - can look it up if you like. It is a powder so will keep longer and dont need to add much - 100mg per 30 litres.
 
Thanks saz :) How do you measure out the powder one?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top