Tetra Fish In Cycling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

This is good and I will check it out thoroughly in a minute. I did do a retest just now as per instructions.....this is after a 40 % water change..... After the water change I tested and it was still nearly 4 ppm and I just couldn't bear the fish to be in that kind of environment any longer so I added ammonia remover. I waited a couple of hours to test as per instructions and the ammonia was down to about .50 ppm. I added filter start as it suggested (interpret) and have tested two hours later. The results for the ammonia are now 0 ppm at last. If it stays at 0 tomorrow I will add more TSS. The other tank is still the same, the ph and temps are the same and the nitrates and nitrites are all still zero. The fish are acting ......fishy ......no displays of distress or illness and have just fed frantically..... I will be keeping a very close eye. Hoping I wasn't foolish in putting in the ammonia remover :-( I just couldn't stand what possible damage and pain I was causing. Looking to rehome the catfish which is a good thing
Ps I have had chat messages but when I click on the button it says error so I apologise to whoever has sent me a message, I cannot reply :-(

Quick update - both tanks are sitting at

Ammonia - 0
Nitrates - 0
Nitrites - 0

Am I being too optimistic if I'm thinking I'm over the worst?!

No, i do not think you are over the worst yet to be entirely honest.

TwoTankAmin has given good advice and step by step instructions on what should be done, so I'd re-read his advice and also his articles on cycling -

Cycling your New Fish Tank

Rescuing A Fish In Cycle Gone Wild - Part I

Rescuing A Fish In Cycle Gone Wild - Part Il

It is well worth noting that fish in cycling has a the potential to be extremely complicated and difficult as youre finding out unfortunately.

I'd recommend you try your best again to rehome or find folks to keep your fish in their tanks until you get your tank cycled fishlessly.

Where are you based? I may be able help if you are not too far.

Thank you for your offer also Ch4rlie I appreciate it but I have brilliant news. I advertised my cat fish and have been in correspondence with someone. They have said they will take the catfish permanently and the other fish until my tanks are cycled! I'm kind of gutted to let them go but know it's for the best interest of the fish. I'm one happy lady :) Thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back