Test Results Are They Ok

goldie222

New Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have results of my tank water are they ok
GH 30
KH 0
ph 6
No2 1
No3 80
I have two fish which have died and cloudy water. Anyone help?
 
first off, dont see ammonia in there... should be something your testing for.

Second.... any Nitrites or Ammonia is bad... have you fully cycled this tank?

Third... Nitrates are getting on the high side so doing a 10 to 20% wc every day for the next 2 or 3 days should help bring this down :good:
 
No3 is much higher than recommended max around 40ppm

nitrite should be 0

wot is ur ammonia reading

jen
 
NO2should be zero and your NO3 should be 25 or under I think. Did you cycle the tank?
 
Hiya Goldie,

It can be hard for us to make a diagnosis over a forum sometimes, the more information you give us on your tank the better it is and the more likley you'll be to get a good helpful answer from us.

Can you please tell us how big the tank is, what fish you have in it, how you prepared it before adding fish, what make of test kit you are using and weather it is liquid based or the paper strips, how long the tank has been set up, which fish have passed on and what symptoms they have shown and what you are doing for maintenance.
 
Hi

My tank was set up 7 weeks ago. 18 x 10x 10
two fish that died brittle nose and a platy. Yes i let the filter work before adding fish and used the filter start liquid. I have now 2 cherry barbs and 3 platys and 4 neon tetras, I used paper strip to test water API make.
I have not got a test for amonia yet.
 
the tank is not cycled, have a read of the link in my sig 'whats cycling' which should explain everything
 
i recommend api's liquid test kits over their test strips, as the liquid ones are more accurate. you can buy a freshwater master test kit at your lfs. that would cover the basic tests.
 
I would agree with calaeno that a liquid test is worth its weight in gold over the strips

ox :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top