Terry Pratchett Fans Untie!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

read everyone. bought most of the awful spin off books etc

death of rats is the best

"squeek"

OMG!

'In a distant and second-hand set of dimensions, in an astral plane that was never meant to fly, the curling star-mists waver and part...

See...

Great A'Tuin the turtle comes...'

Excitement level may just be peaking now! Arfie, stop arguing and go read, I've told you before!

Beginning to end:

The Colour of Magic
The Light Fantastic
Equal Rites
Mort
Sourcery
Wyrd Sisters
Pyramids
Guards! Guards!
Eric
Moving Pictures
Reaper Man
Witches Abroad
Small Gods
Lords and Ladies
Men at Arms
Soul Music
Interesting Times
Maskerade
Feet of Clay
Hogfather
Jingo
The Last Continent
Carpe Jugulum
The Fifth Elephant
The Truth
Thief of Time
Night Watch
Monstrous Regiment
Going Postal
Thud!

Others:
The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents (Discworld) - talking cat
The Wee Free Men (Discworld) - witches and wee blue picts
A Hat Full of Sky (Discworld) - as above
Truckers
Diggers
Wings
The Carpet People
Only You Can Save Mankind - excellent kids tv
Johnny and the Dead - as above
Johnny and the Bomb - and again

Please do start at the beginning because there can be in jokes, altough it won't spoil anyones enjoyment if they go straight to the end. I've read everybook at least twice and think I may well have exceeded todays sadness quota.

Best Character: Rincwind - the funniest, saddest, most sarcastic wizard on this side of the hub. I would consider marriage if it wasn't for the luggage getting jealous and having to have the librarian as best man.

There are also cartoon versions, graphic novels and of course live action plays (Mort being the best I've seen), with which to while away your life.

TP can often be found at alt-pratchett on the NTL newsgroups if anyone is interested in saying hello.
:D

You must pay a lot of attention Ami dear, the whole list was posted 2 days ago already ... Plus Arfie has already said he's gonna read some :p

I'm sure you won't regret it Arfie. When I first started reading them I found they start of very slowly and make you want to just put the book away and go and do something else. Once you get past that though, the books are absolutely fantastic. The guard series are the best in my opinion, and definatly would be good to start of with. Do be warned, he goes into a lot of detail about his characters, ... and the describing can go on for pages at a time. He never does it without being abosolutely hilarious though =)

I am a huge fan of TP!

I love Vimes, and I loved Wolfgang in The Fifth Elephant.

Jingo is definately one of my favourites, but I loved all of them!

Amen to that Picca - the footnotes are sometimes what you read parts of the book for :p I think The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents actually originated in an idea TP had while writing a footnote :D Good idea that was too ;)

Actually, Peter didn't post the full list and the part of Sir Ms link I looked at had them broken down by characters, hence the reason I thought I might as well post the whole thing.

Besides, it was 3.49am so I was barely awake and will forgive myself for not reading everything through in my excitement.
:p

The guard series is ace, but I still have a fondness for the wizards. It always makes me laugh out loud when I see Rincewind getting into yet another scrape, or someone saying 'monkey' when they shouldn't. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back