Temp query

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AilyNC

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I'm thinking about the fish that will added to my new tank but also what I have planned for my older tank.

I kept my heaters at 25C/77F because that's what they came set at. With ICH I raised temp in one tank & it's lowering now.

My question is with a community tank do you aim for mid range of each fish or lowest/highest?

Like if I have Barbs & I add bronze corydoras, BN Pleco & maybe some other Danio/barb can I set the tank at 21C/69.8F even if this is minimum for some fish?

The other tank I think would be 24C/75.2Fwith Endlers & Rainbowfish.

I'm trying to plan the stock I want to be suited to a common temp too :)

I would aim to be as close to the middle range for all the species.

I actually divided the stock between both my big tanks by temperature compatibility.

My 46 stays at 78F coldest minimum fish is at 75F. Warmest at 86F
My 55 stays at 72F. Coldest at 65F, warmest at 77F

So I meet somewhere reasonable so that none are kept at the extreme ends of their range. Also gives leeway for warmer or colder days that may affect the temps.

Great thank you! I'm just looking at how the tanks will evolve & wanted to make sure I got the temp right when there's a range of fish.

I'll balance it as you've suggested with mid range :)

I think your barb corydora danio pleco tank would be ok at 24c too.
Do you know the temp of ambient tank water? I aim to keep my cories at 21 and have only just needed to switch the heater on for that tank.

I think your barb corydora danio pleco tank would be ok at 24c too.
Do you know the temp of ambient tank water? I aim to keep my cories at 21 and have only just needed to switch the heater on for that tank.

Ambient tank water temp? I don't understand

Ambient tank water temp? I don't understand
Sorry, as in the temp of the water at room temperature so, without a heater? Some people keep their homes nice and warm so their tanks would be 22c+ without a heater.

Sorry, as in the temp of the water at room temperature so, without a heater? Some people keep their homes nice and warm so their tanks would be 22c+ without a heater.

Oh. I should've copped that. When we had the power cut the temp dropped drastically. Our room is probably usually 18C in day & drops at night. I don't think we've a warm enough room during winter at night.

I think 24 is most likely middle ground for the bigger tank. The smaller one will depend what's in there.

Yeah I turned it down to 24.5 day before yesterday. Yesterday it stayed at 25. Same this morning.

Most reactions

Back