Temp for hillstream loach

Temperatures between 65 75F are best for Hillstreams, no higher. Oxygen does not dissolve so well at higher temperatures so keeping them in lower temperatures is best for maximum Oxygen content in the water, Hillstreams Loaches require very high oxygen contents in their water so this is best. Because of their natural enviroment of fast flowing streams the oxygen content is always high, however, because this fishes range from habitat to habitat there is likely to be some difference in temperature for each species or habitat a species lives. Don't forget they also like a fast current and plenty of smooth stones for them to latch onto and sometimes feed, an established tank is best for them so the micro organism algae growths they feed on can be in good supply.

Thanx Ryan

My reason for asking is that in December (I know its a long way away) I'm going overseas for holiday for 4 weeks and im worried that my coldwater tank is going to get very very cold. Since April the temp has been around 68 and with the few hot days of late its gone up to around 76, but i know that come winter time its gonna be very cold so im wondering about maybe putting a heater in there just to keep it warm. My tank also has zebra danios.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back