Tell me something funny

And on top of all those amazing things, she spies on you! And sends audio files to random people in your contacts!
eXaCtLy!
And also has told a kid to put a coin onto a prong half way into a socket!

My Alexa is so helpful 😂
What's yours do?

You should have seen my brother when he got to mess with one on vacation LOL.
He did a lot of weird/crazy things 😂

And my dad actually did win one. So we DO TECHNICALLY have one but it's unplugged and in the boxing lol

ngl that I don't believe
Yah some of the stories are a bit hard to believe but Alexa creeps me out...
There has been some freaky stuff said by Alexa, that can't be denied. Whether or not it did say to do that is iffy. Could be true, also could just be a made up story. Either way stuff has happened that is bothersome.

Controls my fish tank, sets alarms and reminders (bad memory) makes calls, music, audiobooks, tells me the time, and googles all my questions

Controls my fish tank, sets alarms and reminders (bad memory) makes calls, music, audiobooks, tells me the time, and googles all my questions
Yah, for some it can be very useful. For me the risks outweigh the benefits.

You can control your fish tank in your BOYFRIEND'S house while you're at your house?? Or is Alexa also on your phone and you can control it while you're there?

This is profoundly true.

1670810375484.jpeg

Yah, for some it can be very useful. For me the risks outweigh the benefits.

You can control your fish tank in your BOYFRIEND'S house while you're at your house?? Or is Alexa also on your phone and you can control it while you're there?
You can control the smart plug hooked up to Alexa through a phone or through the actual Alexa speaker

it only records your voice after you say the wake word..... if it were recording on its own, you would see a light on the device.

It also gives you a notification when anything from Amazon is delivered. You can even order items from Amazon using the device. If you have a Parrot, the Parrot can order from Amazon :lol:

You can control the smart plug hooked up to Alexa through a phone or through the actual Alexa speaker
That is pretty cool. I've heard of people using it like that. I'll admit, it is an amazing concept. But seriously, my uncle who used to work for NASA in the computer section, and then later worked for a company that did online protection, he knows computers inside and out. He's dealt with some serious stuff on online safety. My mom asked him about getting an Alexa once and he just said immediately, no hesitation: "NO! I DO NOT trust those things! I would never ever get one. So many things wrong with it and I myself have had many complaints about them from others needing my help with it."
it only records your voice after you say the wake word..... if it were recording on its own, you would see a light on the device.

It also gives you a notification when anything from Amazon is delivered. You can even order items from Amazon using the device. If you have a Parrot, the Parrot can order from Amazon :lol:
Yah no...
There was a confirmed report where a couple was flipping through voice recordings trying to find something when all of a sudden they stumbled across across a file of a recording of their voices but it was not something they necessarily allowed Alexa to "hear". It was a rated X type of recording if you get what I'm trying to say...
And there have been reports and I believe confessions as well on Amazon workers ACTUALLY LISTENING IN on things... Like couples doing private things where they think its only them...
Also their pretty easy to hack according to my uncle... Anyone can easily bust in and listen to whatever.
Its kinda sad tbh. The safety on them is not good at all. Their really cool and they do a ton of useful things, but I don't trust them, never will. Too many bad reports.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back