Tear Down And Cleaning Juwel Rio With Structured Background

aibo210

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK,England,Derby
Hi

I want to tear down my tank and start again as I had a few bugs whats the best way to steralize the tank with the stuctured background in place? I am aware you can use bleach but im expecting this to creap behind the background and stay there, is there any other ways I could do this thats safe?

Thanks guys!
 
Hi

I want to tear down my tank and start again as I had a few bugs whats the best way to steralize the tank with the stuctured background in place? I am aware you can use bleach but im expecting this to creap behind the background and stay there, is there any other ways I could do this thats safe?

Thanks guys!
rip it off!...and use plants :D
 
Hi

I want to tear down my tank and start again as I had a few bugs whats the best way to steralize the tank with the stuctured background in place? I am aware you can use bleach but im expecting this to creap behind the background and stay there, is there any other ways I could do this thats safe?

Thanks guys!
rip it off!...and use plants :D

Easyer said then done! I would have to spend hours scrapeing silicone off! any ideas with it on?
 
If the back ground is properly stuck on and sealed all round the bleach shouldnt get in

Maybe seal it all properly and then bleach it, or if you are doing a porper clean then surely a little extra time ot remove, clean and refit the backing will be worth it in the long run
 
If you dont want to remove the background and are worried about using bleach, how about pure ammonia, a few drops on a clean unused cloth to completely rub down the sides, background etc, then hot water to wash it all off, obviously you will need to be careful as ammonia is very strong, so cover your mouth, nose with something so as not to inhale the fumes.

If your going to start over, I assume you will re-cycle the tank, therefore the use of ammonia will not bother the cycle if there is a trace left.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top