Tanks..tanks..tanks...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

whcih tank is best???

• Via-aqua 380 (45litres-10gallons-UK)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aqua 40 (27 litre-about 7gallons - UK)

• Other??

• Total voters

ajbettle

Fish Addict
Reaction score
im trying to decide which tank to get, the VIA-AQUA is bigger but taller, on the other hand the AQUA 40 has a bowfront glass (i like alot), and an internal filter, the VIA-AQUA has a bio-wheel (no nothing about)...which filteration is best? and if anybody has another tank to suggest please feel free :good: (now i hope the poll works becoz i did it before and cant get it to work!)...thanks :D

how much does each tank cost, you should get the biggest tank you can afford as is is much easier to keep the water stable as it would take longer for the water to become toxic etc...

im trying to decide which tank to get, the VIA-AQUA is bigger but taller, on the other hand the AQUA 40 has a bowfront glass (i like alot), and an internal filter, the VIA-AQUA has a bio-wheel (no nothing about)...which filteration is best? and if anybody has another tank to suggest please feel free :good: (now i hope the poll works becoz i did it before and cant get it to work!)...thanks :D

Dont know much about bio-wheels, u may need another filter with it.
Bio-wheel is good because it allows good bacteria. Internal filter also allows good filteration, which allows good bacteria and collecting dirt from the tank.

The internal filter is great, but It sits in the tank which puts people off. I persoally think its easy to hide and it looks like nothings there!

Why dont you make your own tank? thats what im doing, im buying everything spearately (filter hood tank etc( It gives you best quality and customisation... It may cost a little more though. your choice! Good Luck

i only want a small tank with a couple of fish, and as the other one is cheaper and witha n internal (yh u can hide them with planst so u cant see them! :good: ) i think ill go fo that, i dont like the way the via-aquas are very tall and th water from the bio-whell looks a lil weird ...just me lol! :) ill keep looking

i only want a small tank with a couple of fish, and as the other one is cheaper and witha n internal (yh u can hide them with planst so u cant see them! :good: ) i think ill go fo that, i dont like the way the via-aquas are very tall and th water from the bio-whell looks a lil weird ...just me lol! :) ill keep looking

Hey, i wouldnt go for that small 7gallon either.

What made you choose neons instead of wcmms? I may go for neons too! haha

How much are you looking to spend and where in the uk are you?

around £90-£100, im in the east midlands - nottingham

Just read the part where you want a small tank... was going to try and convince you to buy my rekord 120 :/

i really dont know wat to do, i love the way the aqua 40 looks, its like looking into a tv, cant remeber who it was who has a via aqua luminaire? but can the fish jump out? and wont dust fall in? anyway if the via-aqua had an internal i wud buy it but......................................... :( :look:

i bought my juwel rekord 60 for £70 in my lsf and that is a 10 gallon tank, but i took out the internal and fittedan old fluval 2 instead, much better

the juwel rekord 60 is a 15 gallon, wev got one in the lounge

are u asking me?ill tell you anyway:

3 Guppys, (one got crushed wen ma mum was glass cleaning! lol)
6 Danios (3 leopard,3 albino zebras)
1 Dwarf gourami
2 Bolivian rams
1 bristlenose
2 corys (1bronze,1scwartz)
4 coral platys (big fat ones0
1 bala shark

ps: not my tank, its kinda overstocked lol! :lol:
there all happy tho, very healthy, et cleaned every 2 weeks or so

people hu are voting for other...please list the other tank

personally i would go with other & that being the biggest size tank i could fit in.
i started of with a 12 uk gal tank & now i've got 6 tanks cos i wasn't happy with the small amount of fish i could fit in my 12 :D . my tanks range from 2 7 gal ish betta tank to a 60 uk gal corner tank.
eerrrmmm all in my front room :blush: lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back