tankmates for Archocentrus sajica

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hope jeff doesn't mind me using his pics but here they go.
sajica.pair.jpg

sajica.male.jpg

hello everybody,happy friday :thumbs:
i'm hoping to get a few replies here on this topic cuz i'm all out of ideas for my new setup.
first i need a school of very active and colorful fish(that don't get to big.)and
should i just keep the 2 sajica or can i add another mid sized cichlid like a firemouth?or dwarf pike?

any opinions/advice?

oh and some suggestions on gravel color,i'm thinkin frosty black but i'm painting the background black is that to much black :unsure:

thanks

First, what size tank are you putting them in.
These are quite timid fishes that could easily be bullied by fish like firemouths. If you really want something in with them look for other lesser aggressive guys like keyholes, or if there is enough room, rainbow cichlids (mulispinosa). But they would enjoy the room to themselves too.
You may find that all the black is too much for you but what the hay, experiment. If you don't like it, you can always change it.
I nice group of danios swimming around the top could be nice too.

hi angel

i picked up the A.sajica saturday lol they'r about this size______and already showing very nice colors,their eyes are neon tetra blue :wub:
they'r in a 55g,which was not my first choice,i wanted to grow them out in a 30g but one of my fish must have gone a lil nuts and stirred up the sand cuz when i got home my filter was burnt out(3 rd filter)so i had no choice but to put them w/my tiger barbs and ropefish :crazy: so far so good no one seems to give them a second look and i must have watched the tank for 3-4 hours.i don't think i'll be adding anymore cichlids to this setup.
btw-i may be posting some pics,they may not be the best quality though :sad:

thanks

sam

I know what you mean. I really should invest in a decent camera.
I've always loved the sajica's and you have inspired me into picking some up. I'm currently talking to someone who will sell me an adult pair.
A rope fish huh. I've seen these in the shops. What do they eat. Not that I want one.

:eek: an adult pair!!?if you don't mind me asking,how much are they asking for the pair -_- my little guys were 5.50 each but a buddy gave them to me.
oh and if you ever own a ropefish i'm sure they'd proly be one of your favorites,they are very active and graceful,not aggressive at all and once acclimated they'll eat anything(pellets to frozen to live)you gotta try'em :thumbs: they do grow pretty big but they grow slow.
btw-the pics i took are trash,i won't even post them :no:

but check in tomorrow,i'll definately have some.

thanks again angel

sam

btw-fish2u didn't have the L248,but i'll give them a call later.

The person I'm talking to about the pair want $24 but that doesn't include shipping.

24$ :eek: wow thats an excellent price,even w/out shipping.

hey larry!! :D
i didn't see your reply before,i'm not to sure i want to add any other cichlids to this setup,i do have a 2" blockhead in a 10g that i'm having trouble parting with,do you think the blockhead can live w/the sajicas.i know i shouldn't but MAN!! he's so cool.what do you think i should do.

Shouldn't be a problem!!!!

If you want to add it........go ahead!!! Don't let the "purists" make up your mind for ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

CM

One thing tho.....how big is the blockhead??? I know your sajica are prolly an inch or less right now (I was going to get the same from Jeff).

Don't let the "purists" make up your mind for ya
yeah i guess you'r right,what do they know anyway :p

the blockhead is 2"s,i won't add him until the sajica put on some size,the sajica are about half inch and already coloring up nicely.
before i got them i was told jeff said they were an inch,he was sooooooooo wrong :X

Gosh do I feel guilty... :*) I read different forums about tropical fish. My wife of almost 6 years brought home a tank. She had a lot of fish when younger and rekindled that hobby. I'm hooked. We are up to about 150 gallons in 7 different aquariums and are looking for a single aquarium in the 200 gallon range. What makes me feel guilty is the price I see posted on fish. I work at a prison and guess what.... There is a comercial company that runs a fish hachery on some of the land the prison owns. The prison leases the property to the company and the company hires some of the inmates as a pre-release work program to intergrate the inmates back into soceity. The thing is all prison employees can buy fish at this hachery at wholesale prices. I just bought 9 medium sized chiclids today for about 12 US dollars. In the pet store I'd have paid at least 5 US dollars a fish. The only bad thing about this set up is they won't let us in the hachery on their busy packing days which means often times they run out of stock on a particular type of fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back