Tank Upgrade

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Well, I have been using the same 20g tank for the last 6 or so years. It's a nice size, but gets cramped pretty easy. It's our "community"/ Display tank - and was currently being used to grow out 5 angelfish along with a decent sized shoal of leopard/zebra danios, a few mollies and a singular Bolivian Ram Cichlid.

A friend from a local aquarists club reached out to me and gave me a 30g tank - w/ lid, stand and heater.

I made the switchover yesterday and had to use new gravel etc. I tossed the bio wheel from another healthy tank in for bacteria, along with the same filter (and all the same ornaments, plants, wood etc.). Since it'll take a few days for the bacteria colony to really be able to handle these fish I am not feeding them at all for the first 5 days and am closely monitoring the water quality. The Angels love the extra room!

Here is a video!

Last edited:
wow! that amazon sword on the left is huge! those angels are gorgeous and so is the tank. you should enter tank of the month. it's 17-30g.

wow! that amazon sword on the left is huge! those angels are gorgeous and so is the tank. you should enter tank of the month. it's 17-30g.

Thank you! I believe that Amazon sword is roughly 5-6 years old. When I took it out of the 20g, it's root system took out almost half of the gravel because it was so extensive!

Just a quality light, fertilizer and boom.

I may submit it, thanks for the suggestion! I don't normally think my aquascaping skills (or budget) is close to some of our really skilled members. I just try to make it natural.

Looks like my plan worked - I seeded the tank with enough beneficial bacteria that levels are still 0 across the board!

I have in and fed them lightly tonight - those angels are ravenous!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back