Tank upgrade

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

thiccBee

Reaction score
Hi i had a question.. i know this might sound dumb but, do betta fish have a max tank size? i heard somewhere that they did cuz if bigger than (idon remember what size) it would stress them out. (im not sure wether this was sarcasm)
i first had a 22 liter fish tank (6 gallon) and then a 75 liter (19,8129 gallon).
But now i wnna get a 150 liter (39.6258 gallon) or 120 liter (31.7006 gallon) tank maybe between those sizes cuz im rlly loving how it makes him so happy and the other tank mates. (;v; )

I love him so much and i dont want him or any of his tank mates to stress out when moving to the new one.

the fishtank is filled with these fish:
3 Endler fish (im going to get more of them since they have been with the betta fish for so long and didnt try to nip em)
1 Betta fish
3 Corydoras (sterba's)

yes ive noticed that theyre understocked i didnt know how to calculate stocking correctly and someone pointed it out for me that it was understocked. (cuz i was too afraid to overstock the aquarium)

They don't really have a maximum tank size, but bettas are best kept alone and a really big tank is waste for just 1 fish. If you want to get a bigger tank, I would leave the betta in his current tank and move the other fish into the new tank.

Some people say that a betta in a big tank wears himself out patrolling a huge territory which is probably what you heard.

Way back when, I kept a betta in a 55g community tank. Don't know if I just got lucky by having a chill betta or what factors played into it, but the guy was mostly happy building bubble nests in the corner and every now and then would go for a "whoosh" in the filter stream (it was a HOB), but he never flared at the other fish (sometimes at his reflection in the glass), and just all around seemed like a happy guy. His tank mates were zebra danio's, cories, and a common plec.

I had a friend who had a betta in a 250 liter community tank. It was just fine, hung around in the plant, no problems.

Most reactions

Back