Tank Updates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hoo boy. So been sitting on the idea of posting updates or not, but @AdoraBelle Dearheart and @EllRog have been very encouraging about it :friends:

Some happy, some sad.

Ive changed a few setups as well for various reasons.

Bare with me, shall be photo heavy and will probably have 2 posts.

Yeah will be a second post as I redid my SA 55 today and want to wait until it's dark to get an updated photo of it, so that will come later, ask to be pinged if you want to see it when it's posted.

S.E. Asian biotope 20g long.
Stock:
1 hybrid dwarf/honey gourami
7 purple harlequin rasboras
16-17 pangio genus loaches
this tank is an upgrade from a 20g high.
20210219_180327.jpg

2.5g shrimp tank, for my red neocaridina shrimp plus pest snails
20210209_185501.jpg

46g bowfront hardwater community. Not really planted because the goldfish and mystery snails eat them. Plants kept in breeder box to protect them. The livebearers in this tank are retiring.
20210127_184809.jpg

3.5g, used to be Franklin the betta's tank, but he passed this week. I've converted for a sparkling gourami juvenile who has been attacked by his parents. He's kept alone because his tail fin is permanently damaged and cannot swim as well as he should.
20210228_192657.jpg

20g long corydoras eques tank, won't touch up much on this one as it has its own thread.
This setup was converted from my 20g nano, that crashed hard. There was roadwork on my street and my pH plummeted without notice.
20210227_224258.jpg

55g planted Community. Been coming along well.
20210227_205648.jpg

5g betta tank, we lost Cheriko the koi betta few weeks ago, unfortunately. We have given her home now to Louie, a crown tail betta youngster.
20210223_184134.jpg

4g long boraras urophthalmoides and blue shrimp tank.
20210222_235135.jpg

10g sparkling gourami tank, home to two sparkling gouramis. There were 4, but one was killed by the other sparkling gourami female, and the other was the son of the attacker, who got attacked and moved to another tank by himself since he's got a bad fin.
20210209_203626.jpg

This is Louie, hes a cutie.
20210228_123638.jpg

And my parents say I have no many fish tanks? ?

All of them are looking super good. :good:

7 purple harlequin rasboras
Hold up. Purple Harliquen Rasbora’s? I think I actually have one of those...

And my parents say I have no many fish tanks? ?

All of them are looking super good. :good:

Hold up. Purple Harliquen Rasbora’s? I think I actually have one of those...
Theyre pretty fish. Originally that tank was just the gourami and the loaches, but they were so shy, I decided to try out a dither fish to help them feel more comfortable. But a gamble because my gourami is either terrified of some tankmates or absolutely hates them lol
These guys worked out though very well
20210218_152153.jpg

Interesting, appears to be the same as mine... maybe:
image.jpg

Absolutely a trash photo, but he’s the all black one.

I figured that he was just discolored... :dunno:

What are you cleaning the glass with?
A couple of the tanks look like they have lots of scratches on the glass.

What are you cleaning the glass with?
A couple of the tanks look like they have lots of scratches on the glass.
One is used, came that way from the person I got it from. It was free, so it is what it is. They got it used from someone else.

The little 3.5 is an acrylic type, learned a sponge is enough to scratch the dang thing.

Well I for one am glad you succumbed to the encouragement! Awesome setups, very much the style I would go for.
I also love the fact that I know the fish come first, and you provide plants and hardscape accordingly, but then you also manage to make them look incredible to look at.
Do you have one of these as a strict South American biotope?

Well I for one am glad you succumbed to the encouragement! Awesome setups, very much the style I would go for.
I also love the fact that I know the fish come first, and you provide plants and hardscape accordingly, but then you also manage to make them look incredible to look at.
Do you have one of these as a strict South American biotope?
Both my SA 55g blackwater and my corydoras eques 20g are both strict. Only SA fish and SA plants in these. The only thing out of place is the bamboo shrimp in the SA 55 but mostly because they've been in that setup from the start and thrive so don't want to move them. But everything else--south American.

Your tanks are absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for sharing :)
Love to take a break from work and come to this little visual holiday!

Yep thats a purple harlie.
Same species just different colour pattern!
Awesome! Thanks for IDing it for me. :good:

He/she (not sure to tell with that variant) gets along with the others great.

Are the purples usually more expensive? I’m just asking, because they sold me that one for free. (They actually gave me that one and another super small one for free, because they didn’t think they would live - guess I proved them wrong!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back