tank paramater questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jazzx101

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Alright, I have a 20 gal tank that I just added my largest fish to pretty recently. Before I just had a small dwarf gold spot pleco (at least that's what most say it is, it is fairly small, only about 2.5 inches) a neon blue dwarf gourami about 2 inches, and a young female dwarf gourami that's about 1.5. About a week ago or so I added a bristlenose pleco that is about 4 or so inches.

What I've noticed recently is that the odor of the tank has gotten a lot stronger..I expected it would with the addition of the pleco, but it is more than I expected. I do have a few live plants in the tank that have been there for a while and my tank has been running for over 6 months. I just did some quick readings with an eye dropper test, and this is about what I got.

Nitire was about 0 ppm
Ph was about 7.0 7.1
Ammonia appears to be about halfway between 0 and 0.25 ppm

I have been doing about 15-20% water changes the past few days..just wondering if this is something i need to be that concerned about.

Is that a nitrite or nitrate reading of 0 as it's spelt wrong.

Lift up your hood of your tank and check for an mold growing, also check around your filters and near the rim close to where you feed your fish. Also trying doing a vacume of the bottom of the tank. Other than that it might be a small amonnia spike in which case water changes (which your alread doing) are your best bet until it reads zero again.

Most reactions

Back