Tank lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jennap28

Reaction score
Hello! We recently had a huge storm where I live, and our power went out. The power company said it will take a few days to fix, maybe even up to a week. I am worried about my African Dwarf Frogs since their tank light won’t turn on, and they’re in an area of the house that doesn’t have much natural lighting. Does anyone have any ideas for alternative lighting? Or do you think they’ll be okay in the dark for a few days?

I do not think they will mind at all, probably the reverse! Same holds for fish; it is the plants that have limits when it comes to lighting.

I agree. The frog won’t mind. Do you have any live plants in the tank?

I have a few live plants but if I really need to I can replace them. Thanks for your help! I also realized that the filter isn’t going because of the power either, so that might be an issue.

I have a few live plants but if I really need to I can replace them. Thanks for your help! I also realized that the filter isn’t going because of the power either, so that might be an issue.

Feed sparingly, and change water (with a good vacuum of the substrate) more often, maybe every day or two.

If you want to, you could get a few battery powered air pumps and sponge filters. But, if it will only be out for a few days, I see no reason to purchase these. (Then again, if your power goes out for a week, you will wish you would have got them while you could. It’s choice - my advice? Better safe than sorry) :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back