Tank divider

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PorshaF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I think this is the correct place for this question, if not I'm sorry!

I ordered a 20gallon long which should be here monday. I'm planning on cycling it and splitting it in half to house my two male bettas who are currently in 5 gallon each aquariums. A 20 was cheaper than two 10gallons and I don't have unlimited funds but could afford this tank, heater and filter. So my question is: I currently have a plastic divider I've used in a different tank before, never had any issues with it. But the plastic is clear and I know that's going to lead to my bettas just harassing each other all the time. Any suggestions on how I could block their view? Could I paint the divider? Or could I glue gravel to it? I don't know. I could order a new one in a solid color(like I should have done in the first place) but if I could salvage this one since I've already had it laying around that would be ideal. Any advice?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1262862107.jpg
    Snapchat-1262862107.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 49
If it is clear, the Bettas will most likely flare at each other constantly.

Maybe try to find/make a divider like that, except black?

If you are really set on salvaging this divider, they make black aquarium silicone. You could maybe put a thin layer of that on it, then use a toothpick or dowel to poke through the holes again. Would need to clean it VERY well before use, then have to wait 34 to 48 hrs for the silicone to cure before putting it in water.

I'd glue mosses to it on both sides.... A massive faff though to be fair so would probably just buy a black one ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back