Tank confusion, anybody got answers?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Floridapierce78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the hobby and new to Fish Forums, I'm so happy I found this media platform. My wife and I have spent endless hours googling and researching questions and trying to decipher between the good info and the bad info. After killing 11 fish in 48 hrs. Then another 6 in the next 2 weeks. I found out about the Nitrogen cycle. At this point I had 2 Fancy's and a feeder fish still swimming and all I had was a 5 gallon bucket. Water changes everyday freaking out trying to save these guys. Made a ton of Mistakes including a 100% water changes and the cleaning of the entire setup. Yea, good times. Thank you Fish Forums. I wish this was the first place I went for info. Well, after the last 6 weeks if you have read any of my previous post. You know I went crazy with filtration. And got allot of tanks including my 125 for the Oscars which I originally had bought for a 36gal Bowfront. Lmao. It's been a long stressful and expensive 7 months. But I have not lost a fish since the Fanys. And Ragnar, my Oscar, I have had since Feb. He never got sick i just kept changing water and bought a 60 gal tall and when there was no ammonia input him in. Then was like , he needs a buddy. Went got another Oscar and a pleco. Of course I have learned to do research before I buy a fish because it was a frantic to find a purchase a 125gal setup on a $500 budget with proper filtration. They really do grow quickly.

Last edited:
Hello, I am new to the hobby and new to Fish Forums, I'm so happy I found this media platform. My wife and I have spent endless hours googling and researching questions and trying to decipher between the good info and the bad info. After killing 11 fish in 48 hrs. Then another 6 in the next 2 weeks. I found out about the Nitrogen cycle. At this point I had 2 Fancy's and a feeder fish still swimming and all I had was a 5 gallon bucket. Water changes everyday freaking out trying to save these guys. Made a ton of Mistakes including a 100% water changes and the cleaning of the entire setup. Yea, good times. Thank you Fish Forums. I wish this was the first place I went for info. Well, after the last 6 weeks if you have read any of my previous post. You know I went crazy with filtration. And got allot of tanks including my 125 for the Oscars which I originally had bought for a 36gal Bowfront. Lmao. It's been a long stressful and expensive 7 months. But I have not lost a fish since the Fanys. And Ragnar, my Oscar, I have had since Feb. He never got sick i just kept changing water and bought a 60 gal tall and when there was no ammonia input him in. Then was like , he needs a buddy. Went got another Oascar and a pleco. Of course I have learned to do research before I buy a fish because it was a frantic to find a purchase a 125 on a 500 budget with proper filtration. They really do grow quickly.
Welcome to the forum!

We all start out with bad directions, but generally we find how we want to move forward.

Beware of posters who say to do things, but don't say why. There's a solid chance they don't know. This is a pretty good forum with very smart moderation, but there are still posts that leave me with a feeling of wonderment. See how people explain themselves, and see who you think is reasonable. It's a process.

I've been on a lot of forums over the years, and this is one of the most reliable still standing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back