shortymet55
Fishaholic
I can literally see a cloud in my tank. I have no idea whats up with my tanks. I dont think ill ever get a new tank, because they are always cloudy. My 10 gallon was clear awhile, but then clouded up and never went clear for about 5 months. It is finally clear, but my 29 is aweful. It has always been cloudy since the week I added fish. I used mature media from my old tank and just added a few fish at a time. My stats are all fine 0 ammonia,0 Nitrite, 7 Nitrate. Its planted and I add fertz and Flourish Excel for the Carbon. This is quite frankly ridiculous. I dont want to wait another year to have a clear tank. I do my 33% water changes every week. I really need suggestions. I know of two causes:
Bacterial Bloom: Can they last 9 weeks without clearing up. I had no ammonia ever, so I would expect it would clear
Algae Bloom: I do have high light, but also I add fert and Carbon. My plants are growing really fast, so I dont see how I could have so much algae its floating in the water. Also Excel supposedly kills algae.
Im really out of ideas. Could my filter not be sufficient, so my water has to hold bacteria to get rid of the ammonia??? Its a whisper 30 on a 29 gallon tank with the stocking listed below. I have done a few over 50% water changes, so the water comes alot better for about a day, then back to normal. Another thing I should mention is my wood is growing alot of green stuff. Especially the high stuff near the light. Is this algae? I mean there is no other algae in the tank and I have 3 algae eating Ottos. Could this algae like fall off and then float into the water? If so, whats my filter doing?
Thanks
Bacterial Bloom: Can they last 9 weeks without clearing up. I had no ammonia ever, so I would expect it would clear
Algae Bloom: I do have high light, but also I add fert and Carbon. My plants are growing really fast, so I dont see how I could have so much algae its floating in the water. Also Excel supposedly kills algae.
Im really out of ideas. Could my filter not be sufficient, so my water has to hold bacteria to get rid of the ammonia??? Its a whisper 30 on a 29 gallon tank with the stocking listed below. I have done a few over 50% water changes, so the water comes alot better for about a day, then back to normal. Another thing I should mention is my wood is growing alot of green stuff. Especially the high stuff near the light. Is this algae? I mean there is no other algae in the tank and I have 3 algae eating Ottos. Could this algae like fall off and then float into the water? If so, whats my filter doing?
Thanks







