tall easy growers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
I'm getting a butterfly fish for my 22g and need some tall growing plants that will grow without adding CO2.

I only have a 14W tube in there at the moment which is fine to grow the cabomba and Elodea Densa which i tok cuttings from my other tank.

I can get a bigger tube to stick in there if need be though.

Just need some nice tall plants that are relatively easy growing.

It's a course sand in there. I will be getting a few floating plants aswell.

I don't know if they'll work, but the dwarf lily bulbs I got from Walmart grew pretty tall. Not sure what its max height was, seeing as how it was in an incandescent-lighted 10 gallon tank, but it might work. :dunno:

I'd say the floating variety is the best way to go.

Hornwort. Works as a floating plant or you can use a plant anchor to weigh it down to grow like a normal stem plant. It has overrun my tanks in no time flat. With low light, it grows tall.... with high light it grows bushy.

Also giant val (tape grass) might work for you.

That's very low for watts... There may be some crypts that will work in that light but I would really suggest better lighting as that would open up all sorts of options.

ALASKA

Yeh I'm thinking that, found out we will have new plants in on Tuesday so I reakon my butteflys will manage until then.

i'ved decided not too over plant it as it does have lobster which pull up the odd plant, so I'm getting a few more cabomba and elodea densa then form the new stock i'll get a few vallis's and some floaters!! so i'll see how they get on in that lighting, but after considering my new hood I will on'y beable to fit a 2ft tue in there rather than 30".

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back