Just_Another_One
Fishaholic
I've had my little cories in my tank for around 3 months now and within the last 2-3 weeks I've noticed one has lost all its bottom whiskers, the ones that point down, not to the side. They werent totally gone just subtaintially shorter than the other cories and it definitly wasn't always like that as cories look very strange without all their whiskers so I noticed it right away.
Now today during the phyiscal exam I noticed they had totally disapeared and even the other cories looks like their bottom set is getting shorter as well
??
It could maybe be a bacterial infection but there is no redness or fungas. The tahitian moon sand does look kinda sharp like little peices of glass even...
Has anyone ever had problems with this type of sand and cories??
It breaks my heart to see the little guy with barely any whiskers. He still eats and plays well but he does look pretty sad sometimes
I think I'll probably change to some rounded off gravel on the weekend as I'm not to fond of the sand anyway. It looks awesome but its harder to care for and I kinda miss being able to stick the gravel vac in and suck all the dirt up and having that sence of it being all clean.
Now today during the phyiscal exam I noticed they had totally disapeared and even the other cories looks like their bottom set is getting shorter as well
??It could maybe be a bacterial infection but there is no redness or fungas. The tahitian moon sand does look kinda sharp like little peices of glass even...
Has anyone ever had problems with this type of sand and cories??
It breaks my heart to see the little guy with barely any whiskers. He still eats and plays well but he does look pretty sad sometimes







