Swordtails Still Pregnant

crazycatfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You may know that in early december i put a topic on if my swordtail was pregnant. I got loads of replies saying about 1 or 2 weeks.
All 3 swordtails are still pregnant. Is there something wrong with them? Should i be doing something different?

Please get back to me , Thanks

They probably had their babies and are pregnant again. It is impossible for a common livebearer like that for her to hold her babies over a month( well, maybe a few days over) but for that long, she would have died. Got any new pic's?

They probably had their babies and are pregnant again. It is impossible for a livebearer like that for her to hold her babies over a month( well, maybe a few days over) but for that long, she would have died. Got any new pic's?
hi kribensis12
common swordtails/ can hold ther babies for up to 6 weeks.

Where did you hear this from? I love to find otu cause every website, plus my own experince denies that.

Fish48 is right.
It's similar to livebearers passing their fry premature.
If stresses they will hold onto the fry for defo 2 week longer so this would be a total of 6 weeks, not heard of much longer but some of the rare fish will wait even longer if the water is bad.

Most reactions

Back