Swordtail Dying?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

drango91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my female swordtail is acting wierder than usual she sits on the bottom of the tank, but she eats, she is pregnant but i dont think shes due, there is ICK in my tank that is currently being treated, i boiled some peas and shelled them and mushed them a bit and put it in the tank, she did manage to nip at pick at it

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14116065170.jpg&s=f5
Picture

Is she laying to oneside on the gravel if so she has a bacterial infection, and once they start to do this they are dying, parasites can cause bacterial infections.

The peas will do her good, just have to keep an eye on her, she bound to be off it with having whitespot.

my platy died that way... :-(

do you know when she will begin giving birth, what are the signs?

Well sadly platys and guppys are no longer hardy and are prone to alot of illnesses, very prone to bacteria problems.
That's why it's important to keep them on a varied diet of frozen foods and veg.

well she is active but she lies there often perhaps its the weight of the fry that is causing her to rest on the bottom, sometimes she floats to the top and just lie sthie waiting to be fed or something

They don't rest on the bottom with fry she not well, you could add a bacterial med, but i wouldn't as you already have the whitespot med in the tank.

would peas do the trick, i dont see the lfs till this saturday

what about the fry inside, if she lives will they be infected?

Yes carry on with the peas, good luck.

do you know any HARDY HARDY fish that will not be prone to many diseases in a tropical tank?

im a happier man today, shes stopped laying at the bottom so often but now they both goto the top of the aquarium as if they are hungry, what could be wrong, they stay almost motionless with their tails down in a diagnal patter with their mouth twards the top

they hang out by the thermometer stick often, its like their hang out area perhaps im running low on oxygen?

Need your stats in ammonia, nitrite,nitrate and ph.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back