swollen eyes

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

a.i.m

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
when a fish has one or two swollen eyes what are the reasons for this ?and what would be the best treatment ?and is it contagious?

Hi aim, welcome to the board. We usually just use this section for newbie introductions - you might want to post in beginner's questions or in emergencies with questions like this in the future - you'll tget lots more responses!

Anyways, the condition you are describing is commonly referred to as popeye. Popeye is a bacterial infection, and can be treated with many different antibiotics. I use tetracycline for popeye, but whatever is available to you would probably be okay. Look on the label, it should specify that the antibiotic treats popeye.

One more note - many diseases are caused by poor or fluctuating water quality. One of the best things you can do for your fish as a preventative measure is to get a test kit to moniter the health of your aquarium. This is the easiest way to undetrstand what is happening in your tank and to prevent future disease outbreak.

Hi a.i.m :)

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

Cation has given you good advice, but since we do usually reserve this forum for introductions, I'll move your thread to the Emergencies forum. You are very welcome to start a new one here to introduce yourself if you wish. :D

BTW, please click on the link in the email we sent you to validate your application and become a registered member of TFF. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back