Surprise, Questions, and News!

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Hey all. First of all I'll start with my surprise. Yesterday when I came home from a movie (go see Return of the King, btw, it's worth double what you'll pay for it :p), there were two cups sitting on the counter. And what were sitting in these cups? Two wonderful little betta ladies!! :D My mom had gone into Petsmart to see if they had any females, because they were getting in a shipment today, and of course there weren't any.... so she decided to go try Walmart, just in case. She said she was just going to get one, but couldn't leave the other one there... :lol: There is hope for her yet... she can't be too far gone, since I didn't tell her to get me any fish at all!

They're lovely little ladies - one is a light tan with red fins, and the other is dark navy with blue fins. They're already looking prettier since gettin into their new homes - I can't wait to see what they'll look like after a few weeks. :wub: They may not be fancy, but I love them already! The blue lady is almost certainly a crowntail, or at least part - she has definite, obvious spikes on the tail and dorsal. Yippee! I put the red lil gilrl in the Azoo because she seems a bit more aggressive - or maybe she's just vain - she's always looking at her reflection. :p The other lady I wasn't expecting, so I put her the only place I could think - in the 6 gallon. So far, she seems ok, though I am a bit worried about her competing for food, and the current. She's so slow.. lol. And she may pick on my tiny little ADF, she keeps flaring at him. :lol:

What do you guys think of keeping her in that setup? I may move her if I have to, get her a little tank or something. Would she be ok on normal flake food that I usually feed this tank? I know she's not fast enough to get to special food. Opinions and experiences would be very helpful here!

In other news, The Dread Pirate Roberts ate!! WHOOPEE! He started about oh, 3 ? days ago, and he's still eating - just fed him. I'm so pysched... though I did give him a firm talking to about not wasting food again. :rolleyes:

Sorry so long, I'm so excited - I HAVE NEW BETTAS! :kana: What's this... 6? :*) Oh wait... 8, if you count my Canadian boys, hehe.

P.S. Wuv, I decided I will NOT name these girls for at least a month.. or if I come up with a name I'm keeping it to myself. :crazy:

Hi johnny! :) In order to protect the female, you have to remove her as soon as all the eggs are laid. Then the male tends the nest for a few days. :thumbs: Also, yes black bettas are extremely rare, though some people may argue others are rarer, such as some true, or newer colors. I haven't personally seen any black, though I have seen some of the other rare ones like a chocolate.

LOL, I agree...keeping the names to yourself is almost like not naming them at all :kira:

Congrats on your new girls :wub: ,LOL @ you getting your mom hooked on bettas (GOOD JOB!)

Glad to hear your little guy is eating...and look out...only two more bettas and your in the double digits, once you get 10...there's no going back :kira:

Most reactions

Back