Surface Skimmer Bouncing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishstyles

Reaction score
I have a glass lily pipe set which includes a surface skimmer on the top. It is connected to my Oase BioMaster 600 External Aquarium Filter. I have a powerhead also running facing the surface just to get some good agitation in the 300 litre (65 gallons) tank. The problem I am having is I find the surface skimmer will often bounces dragging in air to the filter and just in general making some noise as it's doing so.

I haven't adjusted by rotating the bottom part of the lily pipe intake because I still want a good flow of water getting sucked in. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar instance with this? Maybe the surface agitation is just too much making it bounce.

I just started a skimmer last week (different kind) and I was having a problem with sucking air also. I found that just getting a bit deeper in the water solved the problem for me.

I got a skimmer because I was getting a pretty good film because of my floating plants making the surface rather stagnant.

I just started a skimmer last week (different kind) and I was having a problem with sucking air also. I found that just getting a bit deeper in the water solved the problem for me.

I got a skimmer because I was getting a pretty good film because of my floating plants making the surface rather stagnant.
Thanks Brian, for sharing. I did that but it didn´t solve. Minutes ago i decreased the filter power and it worked. Found a point of balance, but i´ll be watching closely if this doesn´t affect the filtration.

Never have I ever used a surface skimmer or protein skimmer before but adding an airstone or two should help with the surface oil

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back