Super red bristlenose pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I just picked one up to keep in my qt. Just a little guy at barely 1.5” long. Which, leads me to my excitement of the day.....I came home from work and of course had to check on the new fella. Which, couldn’t find it anywhere. Started lifting decorations to seem if it managed to get stuck, nothing. Starting to get a little worried I decide the best course of action is to remove all rocks and obviously I’d be able to spot little one then....but nope, still nothing. I check around the tank base now to see if it jumped out....nope not there. So now, even tho there’s a guard on the intake of the hob filter I look inside that....and low and behold there he is, hiding underneath the intake tube, inside the filter. So to make sure he’s still alive I poke my finger in there and zoom, he swims down the outflow right back into the tank. Apparently, with my water being the level it’s at he can just swim right into the outtake and hide away inside the filter.
Has this happened to anyone else????

Yup! My 3” BNP somehow was able to crawl 1 inch above water, and squeeze into the insides of my internal filter. It gave me quite a scare as well. :ninja:

I have a shoal of emperor tetras that seem to take it in turns to dive into my internal filter! I've blocked off the whole rim with a cleaning sponge.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back