Super glue. Gorrila glue. What say you?

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I knew someone would connect it to the band "Bread" which was one of my favorite bands as a teenager.:yahoo: No I mean bread bags ;)
Do you mean "The Doors?"

I didn't think of the band "Bread!"

I'm just not that hungry for so many sandwiches!

I wouldn't mind some $$$, though!

Stan510

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I buy the dollar store gel super glue in twin packs. I do tie whatever I glue with twine to hold the plant tight to the wood or rock...then gel glue under where the plant makes the most contact. The twine in a week rots..and the super glue does the rest.
The white dots are not much to look at..but algae or muck covers them eventually.

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I personally wouldn’t use gorilla glue. I use super glue, I let it dry for 5 minutes before I put it back in my tank. If I’m putting in on a plant (gluing java ferns on lava rock) I usually wait a little less, so the plant doesn’t dry out.
Normal super glue or aquarium one?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Expert
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I use superglue gel all the time. Just make sure it is completely dry
I agree. But don’t leave for plant out for so long, or it will dry out and die. There is happy medium you will have to find.

IMO if you get super glue wet that isn’t dry, it will turn a crusty white color, which looks terrible.

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I agree. But don’t leave for plant out for so long, or it will dry out and die. There is happy medium you will have to find.

IMO if you get super glue wet that isn’t dry, it will turn a crusty white color, which looks terrible.

Of course! I use a spray bottle to keep the plants wet while the glue dries.

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I buy the dollar store gel super glue in twin packs. I do tie whatever I glue with twine to hold the plant tight to the wood or rock...then gel glue under where the plant makes the most contact. The twine in a week rots..and the super glue does the rest.
The white dots are not much to look at..but algae or muck covers them eventually.
Could I use silver wire, provided there are no exposed ends,?

PheonixKingZ

Fish Expert
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Could I use silver wire, provided there are no exposed ends,?
I wouldn’t recommend it. You have no clue how study/durable said wire would be underwater. I like fishing line, because I know that there is no way it will rot. (It May rot over a period of 1 year, but by then your plant should have already rooted itself into/onto the rock. As you can see with mine....
3EDF85CA-6AA5-4C0B-B57C-3B421A2BF778.jpeg

(Excuse the shrimp and the many Nerite snail eggs, lol)

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
okay, is gel glue always supreglue, except in gelform?

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Look at what's in it. If it says cyanoacrylate, it's superglue whatever format it's in.