Super glue. Gorrila glue. What say you?

I knew someone would connect it to the band "Bread" which was one of my favorite bands as a teenager.:yahoo: No I mean bread bags ;)
Do you mean "The Doors?"

I didn't think of the band "Bread!"

I'm just not that hungry for so many sandwiches!

I wouldn't mind some $$$, though!

I buy the dollar store gel super glue in twin packs. I do tie whatever I glue with twine to hold the plant tight to the wood or rock...then gel glue under where the plant makes the most contact. The twine in a week rots..and the super glue does the rest.
The white dots are not much to look at..but algae or muck covers them eventually.

I personally wouldn’t use gorilla glue. I use super glue, I let it dry for 5 minutes before I put it back in my tank. If I’m putting in on a plant (gluing java ferns on lava rock) I usually wait a little less, so the plant doesn’t dry out.
Normal super glue or aquarium one?

I use superglue gel all the time. Just make sure it is completely dry
I agree. But don’t leave for plant out for so long, or it will dry out and die. There is happy medium you will have to find.

IMO if you get super glue wet that isn’t dry, it will turn a crusty white color, which looks terrible.

I agree. But don’t leave for plant out for so long, or it will dry out and die. There is happy medium you will have to find.

IMO if you get super glue wet that isn’t dry, it will turn a crusty white color, which looks terrible.

Of course! I use a spray bottle to keep the plants wet while the glue dries.

I buy the dollar store gel super glue in twin packs. I do tie whatever I glue with twine to hold the plant tight to the wood or rock...then gel glue under where the plant makes the most contact. The twine in a week rots..and the super glue does the rest.
The white dots are not much to look at..but algae or muck covers them eventually.
Could I use silver wire, provided there are no exposed ends,?

Could I use silver wire, provided there are no exposed ends,?
I wouldn’t recommend it. You have no clue how study/durable said wire would be underwater. I like fishing line, because I know that there is no way it will rot. (It May rot over a period of 1 year, but by then your plant should have already rooted itself into/onto the rock. As you can see with mine....
3EDF85CA-6AA5-4C0B-B57C-3B421A2BF778.jpeg

(Excuse the shrimp and the many Nerite snail eggs, lol)

Look at what's in it. If it says cyanoacrylate, it's superglue whatever format it's in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back