Sunsets Nest

Almost bit not quite fast enough
Sunset Just after Spitting Water. Had wondered why there are so many water spots on the glass lid.

Picture244.jpg

I think I found some proper Gold Females, i think i am right in thinking that the mature females have a speckled black line going horizontaly to the tail.

Sylvia any ideas, as its is becoming very frustrating to identify females, as in the LFS they all look the same and then color up to malw when you get them home.

Will try for pix later.

You're right about the coloring but, yes, it can be tricky to differentiate between males and females as they only color up once you've brought them home in many cases (particularly if those at the LFS are juveniles). You can also try looking at body shape (deeper-bodied females, wider when viewed from above) and fin shape - longer dorsal and anal fins in males. It is rather difficult though.

You're right about the coloring but, yes, it can be tricky to differentiate between males and females as they only color up once you've brought them home in many cases (particularly if those at the LFS are juveniles). You can also try looking at body shape (deeper-bodied females, wider when viewed from above) and fin shape - longer dorsal and anal fins in males. It is rather difficult though.

I think they are female then, as deeper rounder bodies, wil try and get pix, but Dads cam is not working properly. Not focusing.

Hi Gill, congrats on all the nests.
just quickly, can you tell me how you vacuum your gravel when it's so fine without sucking it all up? I have the same stuff...

Hi Gill, congrats on all the nests.
just quickly, can you tell me how you vacuum your gravel when it's so fine without sucking it all up? I have the same stuff...

I don't have any probs Vacuuming this as its a Mix of the fine and slighly causer grain.

The Honeys have settled well into the New 90G and have made their terrotories. The Dom Male has made a HUGE nest spanning the from back to the front of the tank.

Will take Pix tonight, He is busy displaying to the females.

Sadly the Chocolates died - even though drip acclimated over 4 hours. tehy were really nice specimens aswell.

Nice fish Gill.
I have had a few of them in the past. Could never keep them alive.
What's the water stats?
Thanks mate.

heres some pix.
Picture090-1.jpg

Picture094-3.jpg

the smaller males are building theres, but they are tiny compared to this one

this 1 made the nest above the UV Sterilizer Outlet, will that harm any fry if they breed. ?

Shouldn't harm them. I know that peopel keep UV sterilizers in betta breeding tanks as it helps against fungus.
How are you planning to feed the Gourami fry? Grow your own infusoria on window cill or buy some Apple Snails? :)

Mind sharing the water stats?

Soz Radar never done water stats in all my years of fishkeeping. Have always trusted my observations of the tank and water.

To feed the Fry i had added another 12 apple snails to the tank along with Infusoria,Daphnia,Mozzies, Cultures growing in the garden in Barrells and Spare tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back