Sunset thick lipped gourami alone or in a pair

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pnb00004

Reaction score
the lady at the LFS told me that it would do better alone than with another gourami. I have had two gourami before that seemed fine together. Should I get another one or will it truly do better as the only gourami in my tank?

I'd only keep them in pairs.
Thing is most LFS have difficulty tonsex them before selling. Often resulting in two males = war.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

It would help to know the tank size. And confirmation of the species as Trichogaster labiosa. If the latter is it, it is one of the more peaceful gourami, though individuals can vary. SF says it is fine in a small group if purchased young. Older fish may have more "personality" obviously. Two or three males would be bad, as DD noted.

Byron.

It seems most stores only have males I have yet to see a female gourami. And yes it is definitely a sunset thicklip in my 30 gallon

It seems most stores only have males I have yet to see a female gourami. And yes it is definitely a sunset thicklip in my 30 gallon

Given that this species attains 4 inches, a 30g would not provide much room for a group, so i would stay with the single fish if you really want this species. Or consider another peaceful gourami species, there are several.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back