Suggestions For A Replacement Filter For A 35L Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mojounity

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been cycling a 35l tank with a 7w Magic Jet filter380 from scratch. The fish are all doing well and the water is tested every week and is always spot on.

I bought everything 2nd hand (bar the fish!) and am becoming a bit worried with the filter. It has always been noisy despite a good clean out when I first got it and it's set up so that a tube from the filter hangs over the lid of the tank for air intake.

I've started to notice that sometimes the air coming through it seems to come in fits and starts and although I can turn a wee control valve at the end of the air intake tube, this didn't seem to make much difference to the amount of air coming out the water end.

I moved the filter itself so that it sat higher in the water and it seemed to resolve itself, however I noticed last night that there was less air coming in again, so I moved the filter up again and it seems to be fixed, but I'm obviusly concerned that this might happen while I'm asleep so I'm thinking I should really just buy a new filter.

I've heard Fluval recommended but wonder if anyone would like to suggest a specific model?

Cheers,
Mo

superfish aqua flow 50

I use them in all my small fry tanks, very quiet, which is key for me. I cant have a load of air powered sponge filters bubbling away, would drive me nuts.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back