Sugestions On Plant Care!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chelsiethegreat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
all the plants that i have listed above i have in my 15 gallon freshwater tank.. with my 4 emerald cories.. and my 6 male guppies.. i've been haveing trouble keeping plants lately it seems all besides my anubis on lava rock is the only one that seems to be thriving.

I've only have the others in there for just under a week.. and they aren't looking bad or anything... but i'd like to hear whatever adivice anyone has twords the subject, or maybe if anyone has the plants and knows whats up. " fix the problem before there is one ;) "
thanks.

Do you dose any fertilisers? What lighting do you have? Do you have good flow all round the tank as in are all plants swaying in the current?

right now i've just just been using leaf zone liquid plant food.. and my tank seems to have decent current , tho the corner the wisteria is in is a lot more still than other parts of the tank,, its only a 15 gallon. i'm using a flora light. 10- 11 hr light cycle

Starting on liquid CO2 really turned my plants around. I later aquired the leafzone and the plants are really accelling. There's new growths on my anubais/java ferns/amazon swords shooting up leaves like at fourth of july. CO2 is also harder to dissipate in water than O2 with just the current.

I've been experimenting with the wisteria, I think it grows better floating than submerged in substrate. The one I have floating has a lot more growth and especially stronger/longer roots shooting out than the ones in the substrate.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back