Sudden fin damage!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
First off, let me apologize if this is in the wrong thread. I have started a thread about this before about the jagged betta edges and it did heal. However, all of the sudden, my betta fish has sustained another tail injury! Here's what it looks like:
1618021841761.png

I immediately added some API StressCoat, did a partial water change, and removed any gunk hanging around the heaters. I think it may be tail biting as it happened all of the sudden, but I'm not sure. My water parameters (stated before in my other thread), was around 0.5 ammonia (I did a water change to fix this, I hope it worked), 0 nitrites, 0-20 ppm nitrate. It also might be fin rot but it happened quickly and he's active and eating as normal. What's strange is his fins looks to be clamped so IDK! I have silk plants and a sponge filter. (The discoloration was always there! I have no idea how to fix it.) I feed him bloodworms and Hikari.

Please help! He doesn't seem to be bothered but I'm really worried about him. Thank you! I can provide more info if you ask. Can you help me diagnose this problem? Is it from stress and tail biting? Fin rot? Any answers are greatly appreciated.

It looks like it was caught on something and ripped.

Just do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week or two. That will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and reduce the chance of it becoming infected. After a week the open part of the damaged area should have healed and then it's just a matter of waiting for it to mend.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before its added to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back