Subtrate For Bottom Dwellers

Thnx for the responses,
so I guess I'll be switching to sand since that's the best for my bottom dwellers.

And yes it should be fun watching them burrow :D Im gonna look up those suggested sands.

Bezz no worries about the hijacking, hope u got the info ur looking for and good luck with ur cories :hyper:

Yes i did thanks, there is just soo much knowledge on this forum its crazy. I think i will go look for some sands as well will probably install on the next water change or the one after if i can...
 
Hi. I know I am a little late on this but I have just made the change from gravel to sand and I cant believe the difference its made to my corys. They are having a great time rolling round in the sand together and the tank looks far more natural. A lot of the fish mess is also left on top of the sand and is very easy to spot. I use a section of air pipe to suck out these bits of crap. If you hover it just above the sand the crud is lifted off very easily indeed.
Hope this helps anyone thinking of making the switch.
Go for it is my advice
Stu.
 
Thnx for all the advices, Im getting my 50g long and sand today and transfer all my fish, ornaments and filters from my 20g.

Will the sand from the LFS be better or just the same, I heard it's more expensive but I don't really mind paying extra for something I'll be using long term and if it will be healthier for my tank. Or is it just as good as the suggested sands here and LFS just tends to rips you off :lol:
 
There is no difference between plain "aquarium sand" and plain "play sand" :)
 
I bought 25kg for aquarium sand for ten quid from my local fish store. It doesnt seem to matter much though as long as you clean it really well. 10 good changes of water till it runs clean and bear in mind that it will take maybe a couple of days or so to fully settle once added to your tank. Mine was cloudy for 3 days but has cleared now.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top