Stupid Cable Guy

FightClubChick

Reaction score
:eek: I had a guy from the cable company come to put cable on my computer but had to go to work before he finished, so left my boyfriend there and rushed off

just got home about an hour ago and found my 3 gallon guppy tank on my desk without any air. the stupid guy knocked my air pump off the desk with the modem thing and the tubing came out. so my guppies have been without air for like 5 hours.

is that really bad? they looked ok, but swam around a lot more when i found the pump and hooked it back up.
are my fish ok? did all my bacteria die? anything i can do?

stupid stupid cable guy :no:

well if you see your guppies color are still nice and bright, and still swims then it ok. that means they aren't stress out yet. and if you do not see them near the surface gasping for air then it's ok too.

the "bad" situation will define by how many guppies in your tank. ( more guppies) more oxygen depleated.

Hi FightClubChick :)

I'm sure your guppies will be just fine! They breath oxygen from the water and even though the pump was disconnected the surface of the water was still absorbing oxygen from the air.

Unless your tank is overcrowded, your fish will be fine without the pump. The major reason you need it is to run the filter. :D

Most reactions

Back