Stuck pleco maybe?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mdg03

Reaction score
Hi,

Was just about to perform a water change and removed the tunnel I have for my bristlenoses as it’s collected a lot of hair algae. I noticed 1 pleco was missing and found it in a small crevice inside the tunnel. Upon further inspection I could see its fins moving, aswell as maybe 2 of its recent fry “sucking” on it. Is there a behaviour where it won’t move from a nest? Ive tried slowly bringing the tunnel out of the water but it won’t budge. It doesn’t seem to be struggling or trying to get out. Ive just noticed some eggs behind it too. It is a male bridtlenose so maybe it is in the process of fertilising the eggs? I’ve obviously returned the tunnel to the water but need help with what to do next. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 23
Hello. If you've allowed enough room for the fish to easily move in and out of its hiding place, then don't fret over whether or not the fish is stressed. Plecos are much more active in the early morning and late afternoon anyway. This sounds totally normal to me. Keep your tank water clean and the fish will be fine.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back