Strange!

BarrelChaser

New Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello everyone,

Today I noticed something very strange in my fish tank. The tank is 20 gallons and has 2 angel fish, a Gourami, 2 glass fish and a rummy nose tetra. But anyways, there are strange egg looking things stuck to the filter. Some of them are white but most of them are clear. Im sure my marble angel fish has something to do with these weird things because he will not let any other fish near them. This wouldn't be a parasite or anything would they? I have some pictures but they are not very clear..

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg


Sorry if they are oversized or anything..im new and im not too sure about all that yet.
Please let me know if you have an idea of what these things might be.

Thank You,

Amanda
 
Unfortunate place to lay them though...right above the filter intake :/ Before they hatch (if they hatch) you might want to consider an alternative filtration method.
 
It is most likely that your Angelfish has laid these eggs and deposited them there :) don't have any experience in breeding Angelfish so this is all I can say but someone should be able to assist you.
 
Congrats, would definitely say its your angle fish that have spawned!

If you want to keep them I would suggest trying to pick up another inlet pipe for your filter and put it on the other side of the tank (and leave that one where it is).

Edit: Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum! :)
 
Thanks so much everyone. Does anyone know much about this? I really need to know how I should go about keeping them alive after they hatch. Should I remove them so they dont get eaten or should I leave them there? Also, is there anyway to tell if any of them are vertile? I'll move the filter to the other side of the tank and tape the tube where it is now. Wow, I never thought they would spawn..I thought they really didnt like each other.

Any help anyone could give me would be great. I dont have any experiance with this.

Thank You,

Amanda
 
That's a tough call, many Angels will eat their eggs once they hatch (and often even before) especially if it is their first spawn. If they were mine, I would allow them to give it a go this time and even if they eat them you can expect more within a couple of weeks if not sooner. The white ones are infertile, don't be alarmed if the parents eat these...it's what they are supposed to do.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top