Stocking Suggestions For A 75 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ahh in the Journal section now.

Sweet.

Electrician friend has been and gone and the power point is in and working!

Now this week I can sort out the lights, and I'm good to go.

Hopefully should have some time this weekend to start setting up. Or if not this weekend, then next weekend for sure for the long weekend.

Finally gonna have some water in this bad boy

:)

:- Are you aquiring mature media or fishless cycling?

I've a cycled smaller tank already.

Planning on donating from that one, so I figure I should be good to go with a couple fish straight away in the big one.

New proud owner of a T5 hai-yang from Aquotix

So that's the lighting sorted finally. Almost ready to get set up.

Looking like a busy weekend this weekend, don't think I'm going to be able to swing it this weekend.

Weekend after is a long weekend so that's probably the perfect time to do it.

I'll prob pick up some driftwood and sand and so on this weekend.

getting closer!

Well I'm half way through the setup, figured I'd give you an update.

Got the stand and tank home from the inlaws fine.

Took a little longer to get it into the house than I'd planned as a friend I'd teed up to come help me carry it was running late.

Amazingly heavy this thing.

So the light is in the hood, I got all my sand washed, the wood is soaking in the paddling pool. I got the hoses and stuff mostly hooked up. Although I'm going to grab a couple of brackets to fix them in place down the back of the stand this afternoon. And a background poster of course which I want to put in before I push the #40## thing against the wall.

So should hopefully be putting some water in sometime this afternoon

PICS:
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

Everything looks fricking brilliant!!! Except for the thermometer on the front. They are inaccurate and ugly. I always use a glass one inside and on a side of the tank you can get to easily without mucking up the front view.

Oh and also make sure that you can get the hose free for cleanings. One thing I didn't realize on my first set-up is that you have to clean the hoses when you do the full filter cleans.

Everything looks fricking brilliant!!! Except for the thermometer on the front. They are inaccurate and ugly. I always use a glass one inside and on a side of the tank you can get to easily without mucking up the front view.

Oh and also make sure that you can get the hose free for cleanings. One thing I didn't realize on my first set-up is that you have to clean the hoses when you do the full filter cleans.

Yeah that sticker thermo came on the second hand tank, I'll be pulling that off for sure and putting in a better one. I've used them before and they are stupid I agree.

Good tip on the hoses, I'll make sure to not lock them into place to hard, just put in a clip or something maybe. Open bracket or something that they can slip into to hold in place, but can pull out of.

I'll have a think on that one this morning

:fun: You are just gettin' tips off my mistakes. Yanking some nails out because you have to clean the nasty brown filter hoses sucks!! You are so patient and thorough, didn't want you to miss some silly details.

Good tip, I put in a little clip instead. The hoses pull in and out nice and easy and are still held in position tidily.

Yesterday I finished putting setting things, up putting the background on and so on. I put all the sand in, and put the wood in.

Still floating though, so only thing I could think of to hold it down was a plastic bag full of sand. I didn't have a handy rock. And I figured a brick wasn't great.

Anyone think the plastic is a problem, or is it no biggy? Hopefully the wood doesn't float for too much longer.

The filters are up and running, although I didn't seed them with the mature media yet. So no worries about bacteria dying.

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Next concern is fish!

Sorry for bad photos, I'll take nicer ones when I put the fish in

The plastic should be fine. No different then floating a plastic bag when acclimating fishes. Thats looking really nice, the tank and stand :good:

Axis .... Beutiful set up ....., well impressed!!! .
Looking forward to see what fish you finally decide to go with as I'm in a similar position in that all being well I'm collecting my 5ft tank on Saturday and again, what fish do I put in it once set up?!!! Decisions decisions!!!
Anyway, excellent work & very happy it had worked out so well for you. You're an inspiration to DIYers worldwide!!! ✌

Put some fish in over the weekend.

Little school of harlequin rasbora. Its great to have fish it in finally, my 8 month old daughter has been loving sitting on my lap watching them

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

Looking good, but that background absolutely destroys it. I demand you rip it off, get some gloss black paint and get slapping it on.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back