Stocking Suggestions For A 15G Planted

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

flix_cw

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've got a cycled 15g/2ft planted tank, currently housing 5 zebra danios. It was originally 7, but two have since passed away.

I've had the danios about 14 months, and am aware that they really should be in a group of 6+. As much as i love them, i don't really want to get any more. They're very fun to watch but i'd quite likesome new stocking since danios are all i've ever owned. The tank can easily take it.

I don't want to re-home the danios though, so i'm in a pickle.

I'm after some bottom feeders i suppose, although my danios cover all levels. Cories or botia i've been thinking, but am open to suggestions. I also want another shoaling fish but i'm not sure that's sensible with the danios still in there, the mid-level will look too busy.

I also have a good population of cherry shrimp in there.

Pygmy cories would look great in there, i have a group of 13 in my 60l planted, the best thing about these lil guys is they spend a lot of time in the mid-levels swimming amoungst the plants.

not the most colourful fish in the world but look great in a group :good:

They were pretty much top of my list actually, along with dwarf chain loaches.

You say a lot, but would you say they spend most of their time at mid-level or bottom level?

inbetween to be honest :lol: with having a nice sized group they tend to be half and half at any one time

Interesting.

Just thought though that i don't know how happy bottom feeders will be on my eco-complete substrate. Most of it is quite fine, but the larger grains sit on the top, so essentially i've got quite a rough gravel substrate.

My 15gal has:

8 Ember Tetras
10 Neon Tetras
8 Pygmy Corys

Bearing in mind this is a mature set up, this is a very colourful and active tank that I'm really liking atm. The embers and neons shoal together and contrast really well with the green plants. I have a dark substrate and background, which you can also use to bring out colour.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back