Stocking Suggestions For 20G

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ch4rlie said:

Thats cool, i would rather they go to a good home rather than return to LFS so will post in classified section soon.

Not looking forward to the day when i have to take these boys out, really do get attached to them!

Soppy old fool i am!
Couldja get a bigger tank and then just add more females?

Love to but space in flat is at a premium and GF would not be impressed if get another tank!

I do have 2 in the garage for the future, Fluval Edge 46 litre and a Juwal trigon 350 litre.

Can't wait to stock these but not for this flat unfortunately, gotta move house first! lol

Ahh, okay, that's understandable! Can't wait to see those when they do happen :D

Ooops, I thought I had updated with more pics, guess not D:

FTS -- Dad has turned it into a sunken ship graveyard sort of deal
tongue2.gif
Imagine we won't be getting any wood. There is an additional boat now since these pics were taken.
100_1362.jpg

Omnomnom
100_1313.jpg

Spotted Blue-Eyes, apologies for my hand being in some of the pics. Also some look like they're upside down because it's a reflection, none of them have died! XD
100_1544.jpg

100_1565.jpg

100_1566.jpg

100_1568.jpg

Not exactly the best picture..but I really like it for some reason.
100_1573.jpg

Our newest addition, which we got last Thursday. A peacock gudgeon! I'm not sure what gender it is yet..I think female though. Bits on the bottom of the tank because had just fed them.
100_1532.jpg

Hard to get pictures of
100_1534.jpg

100_1536.jpg

Sorry for all the pics. :p
The peacock gudgeon seems to be nibbling at the pellets that get to the bottom, but will hopefully get some bloodworms tomorrow while we're getting habrosus corys for another tank.
Wondering if she'd eat shrimp pellets, thoughts?

I hope it's okay that I'm still posting things here?

Fizz enjoying the tank. He also likes to drink out of it.
100_1765.jpg

100_1770.jpg

100_1771.jpg

100_1786.jpg

100_1788.jpg

:lol: Fizz is so cute :wub:

The peacock gudgeon has coloured up quite a bit since you got her (?). Looking good :D

Thanks! He's a ham :p

I thought she had too but wasn't sure, glad someone else thinks so! 
Fairly certain it's a female as the males lack the black bar on the bottom fin & the females have a yellow belly. Males have a big forehead which she doesn't so..female I guess? :lol:

Still having a think on what other fish to add to this
Currently it's 1 Peacock Gudgeon & 9 Spotted Blue-Eyes
We'll definitely be getting another peacock gudgeon, and I was wanting to add 8 delicate blue-eyes but am thinking we'll do something else.

Have decided against the mosquito rasbora & ember tetra as those get just a bit too small for our liking, at least for this tank.
Have taken black tetra off the list as well since I think it'd get lost easily with the black background & black substrate.

Other suggestions are greatly appreciated, and here is what has been suggested already:
Lambchop Rasbora (.9-1.2")
Harlequin Rasbora (1.4-1.7")
Flame Tetra (1.6")
Neon Tetra (.8-1.2")
Platinum Tetra -- Can't find size for this one :c

Would silver-tip tetras (2") be too big?

Also, we were talking about a trio of endler's to sort of "finish off" the tank earlier, and I ended up asking if a honey gourami would be okay. Silly to ask I suppose but would flame honey still be alright? I don't want to overdo it.

..Also also, if any of these fish are more brave than the others, I'd be interested in knowing. The spotted blue-eyes are not very easy or fun to look at when you need to be close to the tank due to their size, and they all go to the top in the corner.
sad.png

Something else for the list (Thanks Eagles!), Emperor Tetra (1.4-1.7")
biggrin.png

I am trying to get as many ideas as possible so that I can get pics & then show my father & let him decide.

I wonder if I can add Cardinal Tetra to the list, I find it a bit more attractive than the neon. Site I've been using for sizes says .8-1.4"?

I really think harleyquin rasboras would look great in this tank.. I really love mine :D  Unfortunately can't really think of anything else to add to your list and I don't really know much about gouramis besides the fact stocking them is similar to bettas.

Your gudgeon looks great!

I do so love the harleys, I'll get them one day! But guessing not today..as Dad out of all those so far prefers the Emperor Tetra :D Keep suggestions coming though.

Thank you for the compliment Sam! ^-^

You could do lambchops? They're a tad smaller, but still look similar to the harlequins.

Have you looked at pristella/x-ray tetra?

Yep lambchops are on that list up there :p

Pristella Tetras (1.5-1.8"), okie, will ask Dad if he likes these more.

I'm letting my dad pick as this is in the hallway so he'll see this tank the most, and he hasn't gotten to pick fish for the other tanks.

Thank you Blondie :D

Alrighty, IT HAS BEEN DONE. :p

We went today as Fridays are Fish Friday at PetLand, which gets us 30% off.

We asked about the Emperor Tetras..a whopping $8.99 per fish (when not on sale). I should've known with how awesome they are.
Instead my dad went with Neon tetras which I think were only $2.99 each regular price. They are also apparently "florida raised" which is where we're from, so that's nice. :)

They are drip acclimating now, will get some pics later.

Whoo! 
yahoo.gif

Can't wait to see some pics! 
smile.png

I do :wub: neons.  Lots of folks don't appreciate them, which is a shame.  They are looked at now as "common", but they are from from it.

I just upped my group to 21... I'll have to get a video of that for you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back