Stocking Question (again)

Tiswas

New Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Buckinghamshire, UK
Hi
I know everyone is probably sick to the back teeth of these sort of questions, but I was wondering about stocking my 60L tank. I've never kept tropicals before so I dont even know where to start. I've had a little look but still don't really know what I'm doing. I was thinking of some livebearers but not for breeding so groups of males and some type of algae eater and maybe some tetras. But other than that I have no idea and would appreciate people's opinions.
Thanks :)
 
Hi
I know everyone is probably sick to the back teeth of these sort of questions, but I was wondering about stocking my 60L tank. I've never kept tropicals before so I dont even know where to start. I've had a little look but still don't really know what I'm doing. I was thinking of some livebearers but not for breeding so groups of males and some type of algae eater and maybe some tetras. But other than that I have no idea and would appreciate people's opinions.
Thanks :)

Hi
Heres a few ideas to get you started,

Livebearers: Platys, Guppys, Endlers
Tetras: Glowlight, black neons, cardinals, lemons, pristellas, silver tipped,
Other shoalers: harlequinns, danios, scissortails, hatchets, pencilfish,
Bottom feeders: Corys, ottos, kuhli loach,
Others: shrimp, snails, dwarf frogs,

Once you have decided on a few species, we can start building a suitable stocking for your tanksize :good:
 
Hi
I know everyone is probably sick to the back teeth of these sort of questions, but I was wondering about stocking my 60L tank. I've never kept tropicals before so I dont even know where to start. I've had a little look but still don't really know what I'm doing. I was thinking of some livebearers but not for breeding so groups of males and some type of algae eater and maybe some tetras. But other than that I have no idea and would appreciate people's opinions.
Thanks :)
lemons , corys , shrimp? :good:
 
Ok so I've had a look at all of those! :)
I really like the idea of having a shrimp and like the look of the amano shrimp or cherry shrimp. Also like the kuhli loach (which I'd never heard of!) and possibly a cory or two.
Like zebra danios and harlequins as well as guppies and platys.
Definately want some neon tetras as when I was looking at them I realised that they were what my grandad used to keep. :)

At the moment my tank has one lonely little goldfish in it which I'm trying to find a nice big pond and some friends for. Would it be best to have live plants for things to hide in or would they be ok without? I've never done tropical fish before so sorry if I'm asking a lot of stupid questions!
 
i stocked my old 60l tank with dwarf honey gouramis, neons, corys and amano shrimp...i just bought some marble hatchets there small and cute and hug the surface...but watch out they jump out
 
Been looking about and think I may have come up with a stocking list. How's this....

3 harlequins
1 kuhli loach
2 guppies
4 neons

What do people think about that?
 
Harlequins and neons doing better in groups of 6 plus :) neons are quite sensitive and do better in a mature tank of 6 months :)
 
Kuhlis have a small bio load lots of people count them as 1" of fish but see as your new id count them as 2" each so you could have

3x kuhli loaches
6x neons/ rummy nose/lemon (all small neons)
2-3x male guppies

I think that would be a nice set up... :blush:
 
A planted tank dedicated to cherry shrimp and no fish is actually quite rewarding, I used to watch those little guys for hours. Plus, you only really need to feed them once in a blue moon :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top