Stocking Options For 275 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MaNkiND

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
If you see my sig it gives the dimensions and the stocking list for my new tank that i just bought yesterday.
I was wondering what fish should i add? Any suggestions?

Ya i will be getting my Oscars at 2-3 inches, same goes with my Jack Dempsey.
I love Orange Severums. How big do they grow? O i forgot to add I will be having sand as a substrate. Would 2 orange Severums be fine?

Ya i will be getting my Oscars at 2-3 inches, same goes with my Jack Dempsey.
I love Orange Severums. How big do they grow? O i forgot to add I will be having sand as a substrate. Would 2 orange Severums be fine?

like i sed. jus wait for someone to confirm they go together but im sure i read they do! dont have experience with them myself tho.

Severums grow to about 8 inches.

oh and i think u mean gold severums.

they start really pale as i found out today when my lfs got a few tiny ones in.

Waiting on someone to confirm .....
Any other tankmates?

Btw do sverums do well with Discus?

you should do a archer fish low level tank.get the suction cup plants above the water line and dump crikets on the plants.spitting frenzy w/ a dozen or so

Naw, because it has to be with:
1x Oscar (Lutino)
1x Oscar (Tiger)
1x Jack Dempsey

Sevs would do fine with Discus, given a bit enough tank (such as yours). However, the aggressive JD would give them hell. In fact, JDs are quite aggressive. I'm not sure on how the Oscars or Sevs would do with him.

(Though I may just be getting confused with another fish about it's aggression. Heh, heh)

Michael

To clear up the confusion, i am not going to keep Discus in my 275 gallon. I am getting a new tank sometimes next month for Discus. So ignore the Discus. I just want to know something that goes well with 2 Oscars and 1 Jack Dempsey.
I might keep Bala Sharks or Firemouths, but can someone suggest a bottom dweller?

I always wanted a clown loach :D
So this would be my stocking list:
1x Lutino Oscar
1x Tiger Oscar
1x Jack Dempsey
4x Clown Loaches
3x Bala Sharks

Clown Loaches would be fine with Oscars right?

maybe a bichir...? they are amasing. i think i would if i had that tank but really it all depends on you preference because they are strange. but look into it , it may be what you like!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back