Stocking Levels

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys

I was wondering if my stocking levels are okay.

I have a Lido 120 (120 litres) with no alterations to the tank as such.

It is heavily planted and has a sand substrate and has been running for at least four months if not longer.

I have:
2 Blue Rams (Who still havent decided if they like each other)
5 Neon tetras (one with an eye missing...no idea how :sick: but he is doing okay so far...just goes round in circles alot) :)
5 cory sodalis (full grown)
10ish apple snails (not full grown yet although I have only seen 8 at once so far)
20ish shrimp (amano, who are eating their way through my sword plants :crazy: and glass shrimp)

Is that okay and can I add some more snails? or is that my lot?

If it would be too much would adding an external filter help so that could I increase my numbers?
Thanks
 
Hello Guys

I was wondering if my stocking levels are okay.

I have a Lido 120 (120 litres) with no alterations to the tank as such.

It is heavily planted and has a sand substrate and has been running for at least four months if not longer.

I have:
2 Blue Rams (Who still havent decided if they like each other)
5 Neon tetras (one with an eye missing...no idea how :sick: but he is doing okay so far...just goes round in circles alot) :)
5 cory sodalis (full grown)
10ish apple snails (not full grown yet although I have only seen 8 at once so far)
20ish shrimp (amano, who are eating their way through my sword plants :crazy: and glass shrimp)

Is that okay and can I add some more snails? or is that my lot?

If it would be too much would adding an external filter help so that could I increase my numbers?
Thanks

you still have loads of room. the shrimp do not take up much room so you can get more snails and more fish if you want.
 
Ohh goody!!!

How many snails would you think would fit into my tank? max?

I was thinking of a breeding pair of bristlenoses but I was not sure....I would also like some livebearers as well..

What do you think?
 
Ohh goody!!!

How many snails would you think would fit into my tank? max?

I was thinking of a breeding pair of bristlenoses but I was not sure....I would also like some livebearers as well..

What do you think?

i wouldnt get any more snails.
a pair of BN's might work.
for livebearers i would get 5 guppies or endlers. in a ratio of 2 males to 3 females
 
jacko9901 I think you may have just contradicted your self about the snails? but thank you for the advice! always appreciated and needed. :)

Anymore opinions for peeps?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top